Friday, April 19, 2013

IT TAKES A MAN AND A WOMAN, NR ( 1 hr & 48 min )

-


I went to see this today, Tuesday, April 16th, 2013, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 7:30 p.m. show in auditorium 7, 5th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $10.00. I bought a 1-litre bottle of Dasani Water for $4.50 at the concessions counter. And I smuggled-in a 3.25 oz bag of MUNCHEROS Chile Lemon Peanuts ( $1.00 ) that I bought at the Dollar Tree Store nearby just minutes before the show. My total money spent at the theatre was $15.50.

Quickie Review: A man ( John Lloyd Cruz as, "Miggy" ) is forced to work with his girlfriend ( Isabelle Daza as, "Belle" ) and his ex-girlfriend ( Sarah Geronimo as, "Laida" ) at his family-owned publishing company in a last-ditch effort to save his family's financial dynasty. The stress that such an awkward work arrangement creates becomes near-impossible to bear for all three of them. And to weather the financial storm, hard decisions and personal sacrifices must be made. And love must be earned the hard way.

The auditorium was at near-capacity ( with only the first three rows of seats unoccupied ) as Pilipinos from surrounding communities, near and far, came to watch this movie. Although everybody enjoyed this movie, it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending because Pilipinos, in general, are probably clueless about this American theatre-goers' tradition.

I liked this movie enough. It is definitely "head-and-shoulders" above the last Pilipino movie that I saw at this theatre, SISTERAKAS. I guess there's still hope for quality Pilipino movies on the international level. Go see this if you're into Pilipino Rom/Com Movies. And, if you don't speak Tagalog, don't worry because at least 95% of the dialogues are English-subtitled.

Strangely, I'd gotten so used to reading the English subtitles on foreign films that I actually paid more attention to the subtitles in this movie than in the actual dialogues even though I could still comprehend most of what were said.

And there are Outtakes throughout the Ending Credits. So, be sure to stick around for them.

My only gripe about this movie--other than the fact that they didn't pick me to play the part of the male lead ( if only because I speak English better--ahem! )--is that the female love interests should have been switched places because the one which lost-out in the Love Department is definitely better-looking than the one which the male lead eventually ended-up with---'Just sayin' .... ( One man's "love reject" is another man's "love object"---Me, me, me. Pick me, woman! )

After the movie, to the amusement of everybody in the auditorium, a man seated somewhere behind me said, "O, tayo na, bebe ko!" ( Translation: "Oh, let's go, my baby!" ) You would have to see this movie to know what this remark is in reference to.

*********************************************

I went to the Empire Chinese Buffet Restaurant here in Vallejo, first thing in the afternoon, to have a late lunch at 2:45 p.m. Actually, make that "breakfast" because I got up really, really, really late ( because it was already daytime when I went to bed ). And I didn't get my money's worth ( $8.42 + $2.00 tip ) because I only ate two platesful of food!

As I was leaving the buffet restaurant, some idiot driver almost hit my car because he didn't stop at the 4-Way Stop intersection! I got there first and was making my right turn when I saw him coming and I ended-up cutting the turn a little too tight and getting my Hyundai Accent's right rear tire to climb-up on the curb! I glared at him to let him know that I KNOW he is just one DUMBASS IDIOT DRIVER!!! ( I should get my Yogi to teach me how to do that "Evil Eye" trick. Heh, heh, heh .... ) Gad! what is it with drivers these days who don't bother to stop at Stop Signs and at Red Lights anymore??? I see a bunch of these idiot drivers just about every day that I am out driving on the road!

Then, I went to AAA on Admiral Callaghan Lane here in Vallejo to get a San Francisco, CA, map for when I go there for vacation in a few days. But my automobile club membership card that I had on me was an expired one! I forgot to switch it with the new membership card. Oh, well ... I guess I'll just have to come back here again on Friday.

I stopped at the MacDonald's Restaurant at the Target Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane to have a tall glass of Sweet Tea and to go on-line to catch-up on the update on the Boston Marathon Bombings and to access my on-line training course. I was about to plug-in my Acer C7 Chromebook when I realized that this restaurant got rid of their electrical outlets OVERNIGHT! I was here last night when they still had their outlets available to their dining patrons. ( I must've worn-out my welcome! )

Anyway, while I was at MacDonald's, I discovered a couple of my Acer C7 Chromebook's inherent shortcomings: It heats-up like it's no other laptop/notebook's business to do so--I mean, I could probably set my chromebook on a tray with a beaten egg in it and have the generated heat slow-cook the egg in about half an hour or ... a family of Eskimos huddled inside an igloo could probably use my chromebook to keep them comfortably warm 24/7/365 ( yeah, that's right, the Acer C7 Chromebook is just a portable heater with computer capabilities--ha, ha, ha ); and my chromebook's claim of a 4-hour battery charge is ONE BIG FAT LIE--the battery is ready to give-up its "ghost" after only 2 hours and 26 minutes!!!

Whereas, my 2005 Compaq Presario laptop doesn't generate that much heat at all. And its battery charge holds-up for two hours as claimed, even when I simul-task ( hey! I think that I just created a word ) by using two or three browsers at once with at least two tabs open in each, which is what I usually do when I blog about a movie.

Speaking of browsers, my Compaq Presario presently has five ( 5! ) browsers installed: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Netscape. I had a beta Sea Monkey at one time, but I got rid of it because it was too much like its big brother, Firefox ( 'though just a stripped-down version of it ). The next time that I update and upgrade my Compaq Presario, I think that I will add Safari to it, for a total of six ( 6!!! ) browsers once again. Why do I have so many browsers installed ...? Because they access the Internet differently from each other, oftentimes yielding different search results even with the same kind of search engine used. But my personal preference is Google Chrome. Internet Explorer is just on my computer because it is factory-installed ( I tried deleting it at one time but couldn't because it is included in the safety partition ). Mozilla Firefox is what I use whenever I want to see a pirated copy ( you didn't read this here, okay ...? ) of an upcoming movie ( using Firefox's Video DownloadHelper ) so that I can do a preliminary blog review on it. I don't have much experience with Netscape; so, I just keep it on my computer as a handy "Standby". Next to Google Chrome, I like using Opera, too; and Opera is also my "standby" browser just in case those idiot computer hackers in China ( suffering from a "manhood" inferiority complex, obviously ) have nothing else better to do than sublimate their feelings of sexual inadequacies by attacking and penetrating Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome once again!

I drove to the Dollar Tree Store ( in the same shopping center ), after I left MacDonald's, to buy a snack that I could smuggle into the theatre when I go to see this movie in about half an hour.

The ticket taker told me to expect a line outside of the auditorium. I didn't know that there was gonna be such a big turn-out for this movie. I wanted to get my money back and watch this movie at a later date. But I decided to take a chance and be in a crowd of inconsiderate people---I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO MY OWN SELF!!! The two dumpy bitches seated to my left coughed occasionally without covering their mouths; and the one immediately to my left would text on her damn 'phone every now and then--but she did stop doing so when the movie really got under way. But, no matter, the mood was spoiled for me and I just simply lost interest in taking notes for this movie!!!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment