Friday, April 5, 2013

EVIL DEAD ( 2013 ), R ( 1 hr & 31 min )

-

I went to see this movie yesterday, Thursday, April 4th, 2013, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 10:15 p.m. Advanced Screening, in auditorium 8, 5th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $10.50. And I bought a box of Pretzel Bites ( $4.75 ) and a 1-litre bottle of Dasani Water ( $3.50 promo price ) at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: A group of friends go to a remote cabin to help one of their own get over her drug addiction. They find a book of Evil Incantations and unwittingly conjure-up an evil spirit that possesses and kills them one by one until only one of them is left alive to fight for survival.

The audience liked it and gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked it enough. I would have enjoyed it even more if certain IRRESPONSIBLE AND INCONSIDERATE ASSHOLE LOWLIFES DIDN'T TEXT ON THEIR DAMN CELLPHONES WHILE THE MOVIE WAS PLAYING!!! I was too distracted and too angry to properly evaluate the movie!!! I will have to stop going to Advanced Screenings because of such lowlife assholes! And I will be sure to give this theatre chain's corporate headquarters a piece of my mind because they don't enforce their company policy at all. And I didn't even see one security guard anywhere in the theatre last night!

Go see this movie if you're a fan of the original movie.

There is a Bonus Voice-Over near the end of the Ending Credits. And there is also a Cameo Scene at the end of the Ending Credits. You might want to stick around for it if you're a die-hard fan of the original movie.

Here are a couple of things wrong that I noticed in this movie ( I probably would have noticed more things wrong had I not been too distracted ): There was not enough flammable liquid in that bottle to totally soak the victim in fuel and to totally engulf the victim in flames! The evil entity would not have been able to push the Jeep up and down onto its side BECAUSE THE GROUND WAS WET--and muddy--AND THE PRESSURE BETWEEN THE EVIL ENTITY'S BODY AND THE GROUND ( and the angle of the pushing arm between the Jeep and the body ) WOULD HAVE CREATED A SLIP PLANE, MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE EVIL ENTITY TO PUSH UP ON THE VEHICLE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

**************************************

I had to see this movie because I needed to unwind after a particularly stressful time at work. Three of my co-workers called-in sick, increasing the workload for everybody in the department!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment