Friday, April 12, 2013

SCARY MOVIE V, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 25 min )

-

I went to see this today, Friday, April 12th, 2013, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 3:00 p.m. show in auditorium 7, 5th row ( counting from the front ), 9th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $7.50. And I bought a bag of bulk Chocolate Candies for $1.65 and a 1-litre bottle of Dasani Water for the promotional price of $3.50 at the concessions counter. Total money spent at the theatre was $12.65.

Quickie Review: In this send-up of recent horror and thriller movies, a live-in couple gets an instant family when the man's late brother's three children are placed in their care. But the children are watched over by a doting "mama" ghost which is not too happy with the new living arrangements and will do anything in its power to try and get the children back.

The audience of about two dozen people seemed to like it. But it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I really didn't like it that much. The Scary Movie franchise has finally worn-out its welcome, I guess. Go see this if you're a Scary Movie franchise fan. Otherwise, stay home and wait for this to come out as a rental.

The Bedroom Sex Romp was funny.

The Front Yard Fight scene was funny.

The EVIL DEAD parody was funny, too.

But, alas, Lindsay Lohan's parody of her troubles with the Law only serves as a reminder of how far down she has fallen in popularity and in demand! At this point in her career, she is all washed-up with none to blame for it other than her own self!

There are Bonus Scenes during and after the Ending Credits, by the way.

*************************************************

I wasn't able to catch this movie's Extra Dollar Off First Show Matinee at 12:40 p.m. because I suffered from diarrhea all morning long.

After the movie, I went to the AAA three blocks up from the theatre to pay on my car insurance. Then, I went to Chase Bank at the Target Shopping Center to put a deposit into my checking account. And before I blogged about this movie at the nearby MacDonald's Restaurant, I went to the Dollar Tree Store in the same shopping center to buy a bottle of "upset stomach" remedy.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment