Friday, October 23, 2015

BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY, 30TH ANNIVERSARY MARATHON EVENT

-

I went to see this on Wednesday, October 21st, 2015, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 4:30 p.m. marathon show in auditorium 2, 3rd row ( counting from the front ), 6th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $12.50. I bought a regular hotdog and a Large Powerade Mountain Berry Blast for $9.20 at the concessions counter. And I returned during the first intermission to buy a Large Buttered Popcorn--and learned that I was overcharged on the hotdog and the fountain drink! I had the price adjusted. Then, during the second intermission, I had a free refill on my large popcorn tub; but, this time, I opted for the Kettle Corn.

Quickie Review: This movie marathon commemorates the 30th Anniversary showing of Part One in the series.

The audience liked this movie marathon and gave each show a "Hands Clapper" ending. And the audience cheered each time the date, October 21st, 2015, was shown in each of the movies. I liked this movie marathon, too. Get the collector's edition set if you're a nostalgic fan of this trilogy.

************************************************

This was a movie marathon that I had to join in because of the significance of the date and because it was fun to take note of which technologies were correctly predicted in the movies! And this trilogy was prescient, for the most part.

And some fans of this trilogy showed up in cosplay! I saw someone dressed as Dr. Emmett Brown. There was another one dressed as Marty McFly, carrying a Mattel Hoverboard! And quite a few sported replica Nike "self-lacing" shoes! How awesome were these?!?!?!

I did arrive late for the first installment in the trilogy as I was scheduled for work 'til 5:00 p.m. I hurried to the theatre and got there about 45 minutes into the show. I stepped into the auditorium just as the "Darth Vader" scene was ending.

Eating two large tubs of popcorn proved to be an impossible task for me! I couldn't finish the refilled tub; there was about two or three inches of Kettle Corn left in it. And I was too full to have dinner after I got home from the movies.

I would like to add this trilogy to my movie collection.

This is the movie marathon bracelet that I wore two days ago when I went to see the BACK TO THE FUTURE 30TH ANNIVERSARY TRILOGY. Movie marathon viewers had to have this on their wrists to get special discounts at the concessions counter.
-

*

No comments:

Post a Comment