Monday, October 19, 2015

GOOSEBUMPS in 3-D, PG ( 1 hr & 43 min )

-

I went to see this movie on Thursday, October 15th, 2015, here in Vallejo, CA, for the advance 3-D screening at 6:090 p.m. in auditorium 1, 4th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $11.50. And I bought a small Buttered Popcorn for $6.05 and a small Powerade Mountain Berry Blast for $0.00 ( free offer with the purchase of a small popcorn on my e-mail movie watcher coupon ).

Quickie Review: Zach ( Dylan Minnette ) accidentally lets loose the imaginary creatures of R. L. Stine ( Jack Black ) on their town of Greendale, Maryland. And he, along with his friend, Champ ( Ryan Lee ), the author, and the author's daughter, Hannah ( Odeya Rush ) must team-up to capture all of the creatures now terrorizing the whole town.

There were just a few people in the audience with me for this advance screening. And they seemed to like this movie.

This movie was okay.  Go see this if you're a fan of the Goosebumps series.

Here's what's wrong with this movie: The moment that you realize the common origin of the creatures IS the moment that you start to ask yourself "logic" questions.

*******************************************************

Before going to the movie, I went to cash my paycheque and made deposits into my savings and checking accounts.

Then, I went to Earthly Nutrition, a local health food store in Benicia, CA, to open a shopping account to get discounts on my purchases. For now, I just bought a 60-capsule bottle of Paradise Olive Leaf Extract. Supposedly, it helps to normalize blood pressure and increase one's endurance. I need to try and see if this works because my exercise routine had been sporadic of late because of my bad left knee which I re-injured back in April when I slipped down an embankment where I trail-hiked.

This one-month supply costs $17.37 ( total cost ). It's over $20.00 without a shopping discount account.
-

I then drove on over to CSAA ( California State Automobile Association ) to pay the monthly bill on my car insurance. And I noticed that the new Chick-Fil-A Restaurant had just opened up for business. I've been waiting for this particular restaurant to open up a franchise here in Vallejo, CA. The next closest one is in Fairfield, CA, which is about 18 miles away. I won't have to travel such a distance from now on. I wonder if this restaurant is closed on Sundays like the other Chick-Fil-A Restaurants are. I'll find out for you guys on a Sunday, someday.

-

In the above photo, you can see to the left of center my car's Jack-In-The-Box antenna ball staring at the Chick-Fil-A sign and not liking it at all.

This is exactly what my car's Jack-in-the-box antenna ball looked like when it was brand new. It's time that I put on a new one of a different design. I feel sorry for new-car owners because such cars don't have antennas anymore. Ha, ha, ha.
-

And do you notice the pick-up truck to the right of center, how its left tires are right on top of the parking space dividing line? Its driver just did a classic example of what is commonly called, "Asshole Parking"!

Please don't be like this driver. Nobody likes Asshole Parkers. I'm currently dealing with one at my condominium complex. I have pictures to back-up my claim should it all eventually involve the homeowners' association.

-

In this next photo, you can see the meal combo that I ordered for late lunch. It's the # 2 meal. But instead of medium fries, I ordered it with a medium side of coleslaw. And, instead of a fountain soda, I had it with a medium sweet tea. The total cost was $7.81. I didn't eat the bun that it came served with, as you can see. But the food was good, in case you wanted to know. But they don't keep condiments and napkins at the tables ( are they just being cheapskates? )!!!

Today was their first day of business. Their hours of business are from 6:00 a.m. 'til 10:00 p.m. I was served at 5:13 p.m. And my receipt showed that I was customer # 2,838, which simply meant that by the time they took my order they were already pretty much experts at what they were trained to do. Sweet ....

It will be interesting to see what the LGBT crowd has to say about this restaurant! We shall see ....

And, no, I won't be boycotting this restaurant at all.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment