Wednesday, July 20, 2016

MIKE & DAVE NEED WEDDING DATES, R ( 1 hr & 38 min )

-

I went to see this on Thursday, July 7th, 2016 here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the Advanced Screening in auditorium 10, 4th row front the front, 8ht column from the left. The price of admission was $11.50. And I bought a $6.80 Lite Bites at the concessions counter.

I went to see this again for a second time on Tuesday, July 19th, in the same theatre, for the 10:15 p.m. show in auditorium 10, 4th row from the front, 9th column from the left. The price of admission was $6.25 ( All-Day Bargain Tuesday ). And I bought a $0.00 small bag of Buttered Popcorn ( free offer on my movie-watcher e-mail reward coupon ) and a $4.85 medium Powerade Mountain Berry Blast at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: Brothers Mike ( Adam DeVine ) and Dave ( Zac Efron ), who have both ruined many family get-togethers, are given the ultimatum: Behave yourselves and bring along nice girls if you want to attend your sister's Hawaiian wedding. To speed-up the match-making process, they both place an ad on Craigslist that goes viral. And they soon meet their match in Tatiana ( Aubrey Plaza ) and in Alice ( Anna Kendrick ), who present themselves as prim and proper girls until they reach Hawaii where they let their inhibitions run wild. Based on a true story--kinda.

The audience liked this movie. I liked it, too. Go see this if you like Stupid-Funny movies.

The massage parlor and sauna room scenes were particularly ridiculously funny scenes.

Of course, some funny scenes were too contrived to be believable.

And I don't find the girls' use of profanity to my liking--I don't know if this is the new "normal". But the use of profanities could have been dialed-down a bit.

I went to see this movie for a second time because I needed to unwind after work by watching a Stupid-Funny movie.


*********************************************


On Monday,  July 18th, I was in the restroom at the Safeway Supermarket in Benicia, CA, answering Nature's "urgent call" when an old man with a walking cane came into the restroom and proceeded to try to open the door of the stall that I was in. There's someone here, I said. "Please hurry," he begged. As if I could just interrupt Nature's "call" and get out of there as quickly as possible just because someone else got the "call", too. Sorry, busy signal. Ha, ha, ha. Besides, there IS another toilet stall next to the one that I was using.

After a few seconds, the old man noticed the unoccupied stall. As soon as he entered that stall, I heard him pass gas. I was worried that he was going to soil his pants. He proceeded to sit down on the toilet and passed more gas. Then, he passed more gas. But I didn't hear anything plopping down into the bowl. That was when I understood the meaning of the expression of "Old Fart"! Now, I know why. Ha, ha, ha.

But I shouldn't be laughing at the Old Fart's predicament because I'll be joining the Senior rank before I know it.


*********************************************


Today, Tuesday, July 19th, I was awakened by two kinds of what I call "Alien Exhaled Breath." Since I've been doing Chakra Meditations starting in 2003, I've experienced at least a dozen different types of Breaths. But the Alien Exhaled Breath is the one which has stayed faithfully with me all of these years. Here is how I can best describe it: I inhale and "something" else exhales for me. But this is no ordinary kind of exhalation because the force and volume are at least twice as those of the normal variety. Only today, the Alien Exhaled Breath was definitely more than twice the force and more than twice the volume! Minutes later, I experienced a "different" kind of Alien Exhaled Breath. How best to describe this new phenomenon? Like this: It came out concentrated like a "rod". Imagine yourself exhaling a breath that, if it were visible to the naked eye, comes out of each nostril shaped like a piece of rod. That was how it was like the second time around. The Shamanic meditation might have something to do with it because I cannot think of another possible explanation.

I went to the Rite Aid drugstore in Benicia, CA, to buy a CD player because my GPX CD player and my Sony CD player both are no longer working. They're both just a few years old but, still, they should still be working. Especially my Sony Walkman. I guess they're programmed to work for just a few years to force you to buy yet another one, a planned obsolescence. Luckily, I still have two other CD players ( Panasonic and Craig ) to use in the meantime; until I was able to buy another one today, a Memorex CD player, for $29.99 plus $2.95 tax.

After work and before going to see this movie for a second time, I swung by the MacDonald's Restaurant, at 1602 East 2nd Street in Benicia, to have dinner. A former co-worker was there ahead in line of me. His name is Wiley. He looks like a young version of the Hollywood actor Adrian Brody. We just chatted for a short while before he had to leave.

Just like one of the characters in this movie, I, too, was ordained to officiate at weddings. But I didn't get my ordination via the Internet, I got mine through the mail over 20 years ago. I never did officiate at any wedding, though, because I just wanted to have that ministerial credential for income tax purposes. And I never even did use it to lower or eliminate my income tax payments at all, not even once.

One of my co-workers and one of the theatre security guards asked me the same question today, "Where's your hat?" They are so used to seeing me with a hat on ( no, it's not a typo--wink, wink ) that, today, they asked me why I didn't have it on. Well, sometimes, I forget to put it on ( due to old age? ) or I just don't want to bother putting it on.

When I got home, I had to try out my new Memorex CD player ( which was quite a challenge to remove from its confinement ). 'You remember Memorex's slogan, "Is it live or is it Memorex?" Well, the answer in this case is, No, it definitely isn't "live" because your CD player has no bass control at all and your earphones are crappy!

I miss my Sony Walkman and my Sony earphones ....  I mean, seriously!


*********************************************

Here's an excerpt of where it all began:


http://books.simonandschuster.com/Mike-and-Dave-Need-Wedding-Dates/Mike-Stangle/9781476760087



*

No comments:

Post a Comment