Tuesday, July 19, 2016

THE INFILTRATOR, R ( 2 hr & 7 min )

-

I went to see this on Saturday, July 16th, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 7:30 p.m. show in auditorium 11, 3rd row from the front, 7th column from the left. The price of admission was $8.00. And I bought a $0.00 ( free on my movie watcher e-mail reward coupon ) small Buttered Popcorn and a $4.85 medium Powerade Mountain Berry Blast at the concessions counter to go with the pack of Beef Jerky/Cheese Stick combo that I smuggled-in.

Quickie Review: During Pres. Reagan's "War on Drugs," an undercover agent, Bob Mazur ( Bryan Cranston ), poses as a money "launderer" to infiltrate drug lord Pablo Escobar's inner circle. Based on a true story which brought down the biggest drug cartel in American history.

The audience liked this movie. I liked it, too. Go see this if you like Crime Thrillers.

I felt sorry for the innocent waiter. I hope that he got a Big Tip for his trouble!

Likewise, I felt sorry for the family of three at the wedding reception. The father/husband was a likable bad guy.

If Hollywood didn't stray too far away from the real story, then this movie is as violent as the real events it depicts!

According to this movie, 400 Million Dollars in drugs were smuggled into the US mostly through Florida. That's 1.6 Billion Dollars per week, and 19.2 Billion Dollars a year! Adjusting for inflation, that's more than what Bill Gates currently makes each year. Wow! Can you imagine making that much money each and every year--legitimately, of course! What would you do with that kind of money?



********************************************


I needed to see a movie today to de-stress.

It was crazy at work today! Four front-end employees called-in sick. And when the front-end supervisor came in and took a look at the work schedule and saw the absences, said supervisor went home sick! I think that there is a "Saturday Summer Fever" going on, and it's contagious. I was gonna get myself intentionally infected with this contagion for next Saturday but, unfortunately, I am already scheduled off for that day. Dang it!

Today, Saturday, was supposed to have been the second day back for my 2nd Assistant Manager; you know, the one who was attacked with a hammer at a bank's parking lot in broad daylight a few months ago. Luckily for her, though, her psychiatrist extended her therapy or she would have had another one of her major panic attacks in front of everybody.

After having a late afternoon lunch at the MacDonald's Restaurant on 1602 East 2nd Street in Benicia, CA, I headed-off to the Southampton Shopping Center, also in Benicia, to buy a bottle of Solgar Olive Leaf Extract at the local health food store. Then, I walked a few doors down to buy a beef jerky/cheese stick combo to take to the movies with me, a bottle of shampoo, and a couple of snack bags to take to work with me.

I still had over an hour left to spare before the start of the 7:30 p.m. show. So, I went to the Target Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane here in Vallejo just to look around.

And I noticed that Hancock Fabrics had already forever-closed their doors. It's too bad that they went out of business because I shopped at this place once in a while for fabrics and sewing notions. Now, I have no other local option other than the fabric/sewing notions department in the American Canyon, CA, Wal-Mart Super Center. The next closest one, I think, is across the Benicia Bridge in Concord, CA; but it's just too far away just to go shop for fabrics and sewing notions!


-

To the left of the now-defunct Hancock Fabrics is a Pilipino store, 3 J's Oriental Store. I browsed around to see what I could buy as a snack for work. I settled for a small bag of Totoy Saging Special Crispy Banana Chips.

Then, I headed on over to the Office Depot across the parking lot from the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO to buy a hard drive eraser and a Windows software upgrade for my old Compaq Presario Windows XP computer. But they were about to close since it was almost 7:00 p.m. I will have to come back here some other day.

On my way to auditorium 11 to see this movie, I had to make a stop at the security guard's station to present my ticket stub for inspection. I wasn't even able to dig into my pocket to get it because the guard just motioned me through as he said, "You're good." Ahh ... the perks of being a frequent movie-watcher. Or, maybe he knew that I'm a movie blogger and he wanted me to mention him in a positive way---Consider it done! Now, if I can only remember his name and what he looks like ....

Back at my condominium, I noticed that, as I was about to open my front door, there was a blob of "oil" at the bottom of my doorknob. I don't know if it was just the internal lubricant that seeped out of it or if somebody had some malicious intent against me. As a precaution, I made sure not to touch it. I went to my kitchen to get a piece of napkin to wipe it off; and I got a piece of moistened paper towel to clean my doorknob. And I washed my hands with soap and water afterward just to be on the safe side.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment