Sunday, July 3, 2016

THE BFG 3-D, PG ( 1 hr & 55 min )

-

I went to see this on Friday, July 1st, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 10:30 p.m. 3-D show in auditorium 2, 4th row from the front, 7th column from the left. The price of admission was $15.00. And I bought a $6.80 Lite Bites at the concessions counter.

I went to see this again on Saturday, July 2nd, here in Vallejo, at the same theatre, for the 4:30 p.m. show in auditorium 2, 4th row from the front, 5th column from the right. The price of admission for this 3-D show was $0.00--as in, Free! I bought a $3.90 20.0 oz. bottle of Dasani Water to go with the small half-empty snack bag of mixed nuts and a 0.75 oz bag of SAHALE Pomegranate Vanilla Flavored Cashews which ( I bought earlier at Grocery Outlet Bargain Market ) I smuggled-in.

Quickie Review: An orphan girl named Sophie ( Ruby Barnhill ) befriends a vegetarian dream-catching giant named BFG ( Mark Rylance ). Together, they warn the Queen ( Penelope Wilton ) about a group of flesh-eating giants.

The audience liked it. I liked it, too. Go see this movie with your brats ( And give them a good reason to believe in yet another bogeyman. Heh, heh, heh .... ).

This movie fooled me into thinking that the BFG was voiced by none other than Bill Nighy, himself!

I Have Two Lingering Questions: Why couldn't Sophie notice that BFG had halitosis? Because I'm sure that BFG did have halitosis! What did Sophie do with her orange tabby cat?

The scene near the end reminded me of the legend of the Solomon Island Giants. Was the scene added-in intentionally?

*******************************************

The first time that I saw THE BFG, just minutes near the end of the movie, sometime around 12:32 a.m., an emergency light flashed. And a recorded voice said that we were all to vacate the building in a calm and orderly manner. All 14 auditoriums were vacated. So, I resolved to see this movie again to catch the ending scenes.

*******************************************

I also saw this movie ...

R,  1 hr & 43 min
-

at this same theatre for its 9:50 p.m. Advanced Screening on Thursday, June 30th, 2016, in the same auditorium, 2nd row from the front, 2nd column from the left. The price of admission was $11.50. And I bought a $6.80 Lite Bites at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: In the two years since a Purge Night, Leo Barnes ( Frank Grillo ) now heads the security detail for Sen. Charlie Roan ( Elizabeth Mitchell ), who is a target for a political Purge.

The audience liked it since it does have some funny moments. This isn't my cup of tea. See this if you liked part one.

This movie was timed to show on The Big Screen during election year. The senator's name, Charlie, rhymes with the name, Hillary. And her last name, Roan, almost is the contraction of Rodham. Coincidence? I think not! This movie is pro-Democrat and pro Gun Control.

But I'm still rooting for Trump.

As you can tell from where I was seated, the auditorium was almost packed with people. And the audience demographics was mostly that of teens and young adults.



_

No comments:

Post a Comment