Friday, November 18, 2011

HAPPY FEET, TWO 3-D, PG ( 1 hr & 40 min )



Quickie Review:  Mumble is now a father to a son who looks up to a surrogate father-figure, a penguin who can fly.  But when their colony becomes helplessly trapped, Eric sees for himself what his own father is really capable of doing to save their own kind.

I liked the Tweety Bird and Sylvester, the Cat, short film.

I liked the scenes with the Krills.

And there was a "nod" to Porky Pig at the end of the Ending Credits.

The visuals in this movie, as a whole,  was really stunning  ( and I'm still trying to figure out whether or not those men and women on the boat were all real live actors or just CGIs, or CGI-enhanced live actors ).  But, although the audience liked it, it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

Mumble is all grown-up this time around.  Unfortunately, so is this movie's target audience.  My short conversation with a theatre employee after the movie sums it all up.

Theatre employee:  "How was the movie?"

Cine-Man:  Ehh ...  I think it missed its target audience.  The adults got it ( i.e. The message ).  But it was lost to the little kids.

Theatre employee:  "It's not too 'Kid Friendly.'"

Cine-Man:  Yeah, it's not "Kid Friendly."

Here is what I didn't like about the movie:  ( And it is something that I wanted to avoid mentioning at first  but finally felt that I would be remiss if I did not mention it since this movie's intended audience are children at an impressionable age. ) The other  "message" in this movie is the not-too-subtle insinuation that in a world of  brown-eyed  beings, only a blue-eyed one can truly make a difference.   Even Will Smith, himself,  showed the world that he was just a sell-out to this "Blue-Eyed" propaganda in his 2004 movie, I, ROBOT.  Hollywood has got to stop feeding us all this B.S.!

Special Announcement:  I would like to take this time to say, Thank You and Welcome, to my readers in ...

Myanmar ( Burma )

Thank you, once again.  Please keep on reading my weekly updates.  And don't forget to tell all of your friends, and everyone else who you know, about my movie review blogsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment