Friday, November 4, 2011

A VERY HAROLD & KUMAR 3-D CHRISTMAS, R ( 1 hr & 30 min )








where:  EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when:  Friday, November 4th, 2011
show:  1:15 p.m.
costs:  $12.00 Ticket + $5.75 Zap Pack = $17.75
auditorium:  9
seat:  4th row, 7th seat

synopsis/overview:  A package sent to the wrong address starts this irreverent send-up of everything we sentimentally hold dear about Christmas.

noteworthy scenes: 1.) Bad Santa; 2.) "It's gonna be amazing"; 3.) Protesters; 4.) "F--k a baby into me"; 5.) The whole extended family; 6.) Family photo shoot; 7.) The ex-girlfriend; 8.) "Donde esta el banjo" [ Where's the bathroom ]; 9.) The father-in-law's story; 10.) The Christmas Tree; 11.) X-Mas Tree Lot; 12.) New friends; 13.) Daughter in the backseat; 14.) "Acting coach"; 15.) Beer pong; 16.) Mob boss; 17.) Cocaine dust; 18.) Rapists; 19.) I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas; 20.) Closet; 21.) Claymation; 22.) White Castle; 23.) The Plan; 24.) Christmas Extravaganza Show; 25.) Dressing room; 26.) Heaven; 27.) "Misdirection"; 28.) "Long, beautiful history together"; 29.) "Wafflebot"; 30.) Stuck; 31.) "Mints"; 32.) Santa; 33.) "My house"; 34.) Ex-girlfriend's bedroom; 35.) "It's a miracle"; 36.) Christmas Day party; and 37.) Santa up on high.

favorite scene:  I liked the Beer Pong scene.
 
audience reaction:  The audience liked it.

recommendation:  I was somewhat amused by it.  It's a comedy not meant for everyone except for those out there who are of  a  rebellious, selfish, immature  and/or  irresponsible  nature.

spoiler alert!  The poop on the driver's side window changed shape.  That guy had all the time in the world to hose down his van and get rid of the poop smear on the window.  The cops would know how to track down the owner of the overturned vehicle.  It was dark in the ex-girlfriend's room.  So, how did she know right away that the intruder was none other than her ex-boyfriend?  That girlfriend of his was a "drug enabler"--'must be related to some drug dealer.  How did Wafflebot's bullet holes disappear overnight?  And how did Santa's Hat get back on his head?  The mob boss still wanted them dead!  And why was a Hanukkah candle holder ( a.k.a. Menorah ) shown at the end of the Ending Credits?  Is the next installment of  this franchise going to be, A VERY HAROLD & KUMAR 3-D HANUKKAH, guest-starring Adam Sandler?  And what's next after that, a Kwanzaa related movie?

fyi:  I will go on record to state that I don't do drugs.  And I don't have a high regard for people who do.  The director and the writers of this movie overstepped the boundaries of responsibility, decency and propriety.  Isn't anything sacred anymore?

It's sad to see Christmas Trees strewn unceremoniously along the road after The Holidays.  People can be so selfish, inconsiderate, disrespectful and irresponsible.

word of advice:  Trees are living, breathing things.  Save the trees, don't mutilate them!  Be kind and use artificial ones, instead.

tidbits:  Unlike at UA Emery Bay Stadium 10 in Emeryville, CA, Edwards Fairfield Stadium 16 & I-Max ( also part of the same theatre chain, Regal Cinemas ) doesn't provide a tray liner for their Zap Packs.  So, if you put butter on your popcorn, the butter leaks out at the bottom and soaks your pants!  The right inner thigh of my blue jeans was just soaked in popcorn butter ( or should that be  popcorn grease ).  I guess that I should just be thankful that I didn't wear my khaki pants for this movie.  Otherwise, after the show, people would've noticed and thought  that I "busied" myself during the nude scenes!  My right testicle probably smells of popcorn butter right now.  Hmm ... I wonder if popcorn butter is good for wrinkles.  Ha, ha, ha--snort!

After exiting the theatre building, I decided to go back to the main lobby to check the movie time listings.  As I got close to the main entrance, a pigeon perched up on the marquee squirted-out a big piece of poop that landed with a thud just to my left!  I guess that was a sign for me to stay away--a warning shot, if you will!

Special Announcement:  I would like to take this time to say, Thank You and Welcome, to my readers in these countries:

Laos and Peru

Thank you, once again.  Please keep on reading my weekly updates.  And don't forget to tell all of your friends, and everyone else who you know, about my movie review blogsite.

P.S.  I am happy to say that my blogsite is getting hits from Russia once again!  Now, if only Japan will follow suit, I shall be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment