Saturday, November 26, 2011

THE MUPPETS, PG ( 1 hr & 35 min )








where:  UA EMERY BAY STADIUM 10 in Emeryville, CA
when:  Friday, November 25th, 2011
show:  2:45 p.m.
costs:  $9.00 Ticket + $5.75 Zap Pack = $14.75
auditorium:  8
seat:  4th row, 12th column


synopsis/overview:  The muppets disband and go their separate ways when their show falls out of popularity.  But they get back together when a big fan of the muppets learns of an evil oil magnate's plan for the Muppets Studio.


noteworthy scenes:  1.) "We could be twins"; 2.) Muppet Show; 3.) Dream; 4.) Ten Year Anniversary; 5.) Classroom; 6.) Muppet Studio tour; 7.) Evil plan; 8.) "Stop the car"; 9.) Electric fence; 10.) Bus; 11.) "This is really gonna be a short movie"; 12.) The Moopets tribute band; 13.) "They terrify me.  Let's go"; 14.) "Have a seat"; 15.) "I can't believe we had that in the budget"; 16.) Fight; 17.) Montage; 18.) "Travel by map"; 19.) Muppet man; 20.) "I cannot be replaced"; 21.) Opportunity; 22.) "We built this city"; 23.) "I'm here for them"; 24.) "Me Party"; 25.) Richman rap; 26.) Thesaurus; 27.) Kidnap; 28.) Note; 29.) "Man or muppet"; 30.) "Briefly inconveniencing"; 31.) Telethon; 32.) Candle light dinner; 33.) Teenage mutant ninja turtle; 34.) Sabotage; 35.) "I love it when you talk shop"; 36.) "Evil English accent"; 37.) Naked; 38.) Miss Piggy's dressing room; 39.) One last act; 40.) "We were close"; 41.) Private property; 42.) Red carpet; 43.) Song and dance; and 44.) Bonus Scenes during the Ending Credits.

audience reaction:  The nostalgic audience liked this enough to give it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation:  I think that it's funny enough and good enough for a family movie.

spoiler alert!  Why was that important contract just left there out in the open and just gathering dust?  Did Gonzo just commit a terrorist act and possibly kill some innocent workers?  They would need to raise more than 10 million dollars, what with expenses and all!

fyi:  If I remember right, I think that the original Muppets' TV stage was designed so that guests had to stand on a raised platform while they performed with the muppets whose puppeteers stood hidden on the sunken floor at either side of the live performers.  And ... the muppets were invented at a time when it was fashionable for sexy females to wear mini and micro mini skirts!  Can you see an obvious connection--and not by mere coincidence, mind you--between the two? Because I surely can!  Heh, heh, heh ....  So, whenever a muppet had to pause or do a freeze-frame in the presence of a beautiful and sexy female guest star, you now know why.  Ha, ha, ha---Snort!  But, I hope that the puppeteers were, at least, smart enough to check their guests for flatulence beforehand.

word of advice:  A good friend is one who stands by your side through thick and thin.

tidbits:  I thought that I arrived at the theatre with plenty of time to catch the 2:00 p.m. show.  But, I forgot to factor-in the Black Friday crowd!  There was a long line of movie patrons and just one box office clerk for the better part of my 20 minute wait in line.  And, again, I waited for another 15 minutes at the concessions counter.

Here's a useful tip for you:  Don't get in line at the concessions counter if the people ahead of you have little brats in tow who don't bother to make-up their little minds over what they want their adults to buy for them while they still have all that time as they stand waiting in line!  Aargh ....

My movie-watching experience was ruined by some bitch seated four seats to my right.  She kept texting on her cellphone all throughout the movie AND she had the audacity to have either one of her little brats take turns text-messaging, too!  What a lousy role model the c-nt was!  Talk about Parenting Fail.  She was lucky that she didn't sit directly in front of me or I would have doused her with my softdrink.  What a f--king bitch!

When I went to buy a ticket for the DESI BOYZ movie, I complained to the manager about the cellphone texter.  He told me that I should have reported it; but I was in the middle of the row and I didn't want to miss any scenes since I blog about movies.  I asked him why they don't have a cellphone blocker.  He said that cellphone blockers are illegal in this country.  Who came up with this stupid law, THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF IRRESPONSIBLE, RUDE AND INCONSIDERATE CELLPHONE TALKERS AND TEXTERS?!?!?!  Anyway, the manager apologized for my inconvenience and gave me a free pass to the DESI BOYZ movie ( Hey, I think that this incident just gave  me a good  idea .... ).  And I asked him for a pager, just in case there will be Irresponsible, Rude and Inconsiderate cellphone talkers and/or texters in the DESI BOYZ auditorium with me.

*******************************

Now, for some adult humor ....

Q:  Why did Miss Piggy add Honey to her Vinegar & Water Douche?

A:  Because she found out that Kermit, the Frog, loves to eat Sweet & Sour Pork!


No comments:

Post a Comment