Wednesday, September 26, 2012

END OF WATCH, R ( 1 hr & 49 min )

-

Quickie Review:  Two police officers patrol the mean streets of South Central Los Angeles. By chance, they uncover a major drug smuggling operation which puts their lives in danger.


I went to see this today, Tuesday, September 25th, 2012, in Emeryville, CA, at the UA Emery Bay Stadium 10 for the 7:50 p.m. show in auditorium 5, 4th row, 10th column.

Today at UA Emery Bay Stadium 10 is "All-Day Five Dollar Tuesday" plus it is also a "$2.oo Small Popcorn w/ a Regal Rewards Card Day". Of course, the parking lot was full as Tuesday is the day to go to the movies at this theatre.

The audience really liked this movie.

I liked it, too. Go see this if you're into "Buddy Cops" movies.

The on-camera chemistry between the two lead actors, Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena, is very good, lending credibility to their roles.

I particularly liked the scene wherein one of the cops got into a fight with a man inside of that man's house.

I guess that cops are exempt from the "Seatbelt Law".

There is a reason for the title chosen for this movie. And you're not gonna like it--I didn't.

Damn! that PARANORMAL ACTIVITY franchise sure got everybody using hand-held cameras, including the bad guys.

This movie doesn't come with an American Humane Association Disclaimer in the Ending Credits. So, more than likely, that poor cat in the opening chase scene actually got run-over! Poor cat .... Why did the cat cross the road? I guess because it wanted to play "chicken".

********************************

I was at my friend Hector's house in Oakland, CA, earlier in the day. I used his son's Wi-Fi to work on my blog. All the while, Sylvester, the kitten, was on "attack mode"! See the evidence for yourself:

Here he is again:, wedged between my legs and clinging to my crotch while dangling at the edge of the couch.
-
He's just waiting to pounce on either one of my thumbs in this shot.
-
He spotted an inattentive thumb in this one.
-
Hey! watch where you scratch or claw at, you stupid kitten.
-
He's going for the camera strap in this shot.
-
He's waiting for my thumbs here.
-

Later on, Hector's son, Isma, showed me a nature documentary on YouTube about four ( 4 ) male lions attacking, killing and eating a rival male lion. I've never seen something like that before! I always thought that the Big Cats just simply kill their rivals over a territorial claim. I remember seeing a documentary years ago in which some lions killed a leopard and simply just walked away from their kill, as though to use it as a deterrent to other would-be interlopers.

Then, I started to cook some Jambalaya for dinner. But ... the glass lid of the pot that I used just popped and cracked all of a sudden, and pieces of glass fell into the pot! I ended-up just throwing away the food--what a waste.

That's Three ( 3 ) Bad Things that happened to me within a six ( 6 ) day period at Hector's place. Last Wednesday, I got a parking ticket for parking in front of Hector's house because nobody reminded me that it was Street Sweep Day for that side of the street. That was $66.oo out of my checking account, all wasted on the damn ticket. What really got me about it though was that Hector's other son, Tito, parked his old, non-operational Cadillac Deville in that Same Spot For About A Year AND NEVER GOT A TICKET!!! And last Friday, I decided to play it safe and parked my car on Hector's lawn only to get my left shin skinned by my Hyundai's driver's side door when it started to close by itself as I began to step out of my car!!! Ouch ....

Since three ( 3 ) means "Yes" in the Occult and Supernatural World, I think that my Yogi is "telling" me to lessen the frequency of my visits to Hector's place and get on with my Spiritual Cultivation. After all, I cannot expect to have a "different tomorrow" if I keep doing the same thing that I've been doing over and over again, i.e. avoiding responsibility for my own future and spiritual well-being ....

*

No comments:

Post a Comment