Thursday, September 27, 2012

HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 41 min )

-


Quickie Review: A mother and daughter move into a new place which is right next door to a house where a husband and wife were brutally murdered by their own daughter who then mysteriously disappeared into the woods. The lone survivor, a son, is a recluse that the new girl next door takes a liking to, much to the concern of her own mother.

I went to see this today, Wednesday, September 26th, 2012, here in Vallejo, CA, at the Century 14 Vallejo for the 11:35 a.m. first show matinee in auditorium 13, 5th row, 8th column.

The first show matinee is an "Early Bird Special" when patrons get to pay a dollar less for any 2-D movie. ( And I wouldn't pay more for this movie. )

There was only one other person in the audience with me. So, I couldn't gauge any audience reaction to this movie.

This movie was slow on the delivery and low on the suspense. It felt like a made-for-TV movie to me. There's an interesting twist to the movie, though, I must admit. You may want to wait for this to come out as a DVD rental.

I believe that it was the Jennifer Lawrence fans who put this movie in the Top 10 at the Box Office in its first weekend. It will probably start dropping down the list starting this week.

Right off the top, this movie felt amateurish for these five reasons: 1.) The cop's badge didn't show his town/city jurisdiction; 2.) Hypodermic needles are available only by prescription; 3.) Chloroform, sedatives and tranquilizers are hard to acquire if you're not in the medical profession; 4.) Those kids had school records. So, how did they explain the disappearance of one of them? ; and 5.) Again, if you shoot at a target in an enclosed area and you miss, the bullets will ricochet if they don't penetrate anything! I could say more, but I'll just end-up giving the subplot away.

*************************************

I went to my periodontist today, at 7:00 a.m. sharp, for a deep cleaning. And even though I was numbed first with some anesthetic, I could still feel some pain from the root planing and probing done on my left upper and lower jaws. I had to find a way to distract myself to lessen the pain's intensity. So, I decided to think of something pleasant. I thought of a beautiful, hot and sexy stripper with no facial, tongue or body piercings, no tattoos and no fake breasts--just an all-natural girl with a firm body doing a private and personal "interactive show"--ahem--with me. Hey, it worked! I barely felt the pain. Embarrassingly, though, it gave me an erection, too. I probably blushed. I had to cover-up myself "down there" to keep the hygienist from noticing and thinking that I'm just a kinky pervert who is "into pain". Ha, ha, ha. Well, at least my "plumbing" still works! LOL

Then, I went to the Dollar Tree Store two blocks away in the Target Shopping Center to do a little bit of shopping.

And I went to the nearby MacDonald's Restaurant to have a Mango/Pineapple Smoothie as I finished-up my blog on the movie, END OF WATCH. It was hard to concentrate on what I was writing because some workers were fixing the roof. But I managed somehow to finish my blog just in time to go see this movie.

After the movie, I went to the American Canyon Safeway to get $20.oo worth of gas just to take advantage of my 10 cents off a gallon gas reward.

I was gonna have lunch at the Jack In The Box Restaurant next door to the Safeway gas station but there were a bunch of unruly high school kids hanging around in the parking lot.

So, I went and had lunch at the Golden City Chinese Buffet at the Rancho Square on the corner of Sonoma Boulevard and Mini Drive. But I think my body is starting to "complain" about my food binges at buffets because I'm starting to experience pain and discomfort now and can no longer eat as much as I used to. Oh, well, it's probably for the best anyway--IT IS FOR THE BEST!!!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment