Wednesday, September 19, 2012

RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION in 3-D, ( 1 hr & 35 min )



-

Quickie Review:  Alice ( Mila Jovovich ) awakens deep in Umbrella Corporation's secret headquarters and testing grounds. And as she tries and makes her way out with the aid of some friends, she uncovers certain things about her past.

I went to see this here in Vallejo, CA, after work, at the Century 14 Vallejo, on Monday, September 17th, 2012, for the 10:15 p.m. show in auditorium 14, 5th row, 7th column. 

There were about a dozen people in the auditorium with me for this particular late night show. But I don't think they liked the movie that much.

I didn't liked this movie that much, too. For the most part, it seemed like a "rehash" of bits and pieces from the other four installments in the RESIDENT EVIL franchise. You might want to wait for this to come out on DVD. It's not even worth the I-Max 3-D ticket price.

Here are some things that I found wrong/amusing in this movie:  What was up with those two "hand towels" strategically-strapped ( with clear tape, of all things ) around Alice's mid-section? After all, she was naked in some previous installments. And it was not as if the people who ran Umbrella Corp. hadn't seen her--or her clones--butt-naked before! Those zombie Russian soldiers couldn't hit their targets who were standing in front of them. And, with all of those bullets flying around, why were there no ricochets? The man with a deep slash wound on his left cheek shouldn't have been able to talk in a normal way. The ending scene which showed the White House under attack gave me the impression that it was a massive horde of disgruntled 2012 voters who voted the wrong man into office and wanted him impeached. Ha, ha, ha.

*******************************************

A co-worker told me to get a trial copy of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Software to scan my computer with. So, I did. And Malwarebytes uncovered five ( 5 ) malwares hidden in my computer on a two-hour "quick scan" and two ( 2 ) more malwares on a five-hour "full scan".  I don't know how and why my McAfee Internet Security missed detecting these!!! And one of them was the Trojan, Reveton Ransomware, that infected my computer last month. I deleted all of them, of course.

But it was already too late as I still cannot access the Internet on my DSL. I have to use Wi-Fi if I want to go on-line. And I don't know when my ISP will be able to fix the problem. In the meantime, I'm considering either getting a wireless router or switching to another ISP altogether--or just buying another laptop. We shall see ....

*

No comments:

Post a Comment