Sunday, September 30, 2012

LOOPER. R ( 1 hr & 59 min )

-

Quickie Review:  Time-travel is a reality in the future but is outlawed. The mob has access to the technology through the black market. And they use it to send people that they want assassinated back in time to where an assassin, a "looper", waits to finish the job. Joe ( Joseph Gordon-Levitt ) has an easy life as a looper until the day the mob sends back his future self ( Bruce Willis ) for him to assassinate.


I went to see this after work today, Saturday, September 29th, 2012, here in Vallejo, CA, at the Century 14 Vallejo, for the 4:30 p.m. show in auditorium 8, 6th row, 10th column.

The audience liked this movie. But it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked it. But I wasn't totally impressed by it. It's a good Action/Sci-Fi movie for fans of such a genre.

That little brat sure can act well!

Here are the things that didn't make sense in the movie: The people who control the time machine could teleport people to any place in the past ( as evidenced by the somewhere-in-China scene ) with pin-point precision. Since this was the case, the future mobsters didn't really have a need for loopers at all! They could just have teleported their weighted-down victims to manifest in the deepest part of the ocean--or in any shark-infested water--and let nature apply the finishing touches to their work. Also, no stray bullets ricocheted in some of the shoot-outs where they would be expected to ricochet in a real firefight. What was the point of using Blunderbusses when Shotguns would have easily done the job better? And that kid was less than 10 years old--more like 5 or younger ( even the child's toys suggested such an age range ).

After the movie, I overheard a woman behind me say to another, "It was a great movie. 'You didn't even watch it." That person must've fallen asleep throughout the movie.

*************************************

When I got home, I tried to sign-up for Juno's Turbo Dial-up Internet Service but my computer failed to connect with any of their numbers. Yup, that ransomware that corrupted my computer last month really messed-up my connection! At least, I can still connect to the Internet through a Wi-Fi service.

I think that I will just have to buy another computer since my laptop is seven or eight years old now, and obsolete by today's standards. But I will keep my old one and upgrade it myself someday.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment