Saturday, February 2, 2013

WARM BODIES, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 38 min )

-

where:  CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when:  Friday, February 1st, 2013
show:  11:30 a.m. ( Extra-Dollar Off First Show Matinee )
costs:  $6.50 Ticket = $6.50 ( I'm budgeting my money because my manager doesn't want to compensate me for my work-related injury. My Chiropractor says it's a work-related injury. We'll see what the union lawyer has to say about it. )
auditorium:  7
seat:  6th row ( counting from the front ), 8ht column ( counting from the left )

synopsis/overview:  R(omeo) and Julie(t)

In this macabre love story, R ( Nicholas Hoult ), a zombie, becomes infatuated with a live girl, Julie ( Teresa Palmer ), after he kills her boyfriend ( Dave Franco ). They become friends. And their nascent friendship triggers something in R, a "something" that affects the other zombies, too.

noteworthy scenes:  1.) "Jesus, these guys look awful"; 2.) Airport security; 3.) "They'll eat anything with a heartbeat"; 4.) "This is what I have to look forward to"; 5.) Grunts and groans; 6.) "God, we're slow"; 7.) Brain; 8.) "New addition to family"; 9.) "Not eat"; 10.) Memory; 11.) "Don't be creepy"; 12.) "Be dead"; 13.) "Don't stare"; 14.) BMW; 15.) "Non-committal gesture"; 16.) "Will he come back as one of you"; 17.) "This is as close as we can get"; 18.) "You said, 'A few days'"; 19.) "Come with me"; 20.) Holding hands; 21.) Polaroid camera; 22.) Magazine cover; 23.) "Do you feel it"; 24.) "He would have killed you"; 25.) "Oh, sh!t"; 26.) "It was me"; 27.) Dream; 28.) Abandoned; 29.) "We have to be safe"; 30.) "Corpses don't get cold"; 31.) "Bitches, man ..."; 32.) "They said, 'F*ck, yeah'"; 33.) "I actually miss him"; 34.) "'Sup"; 35.) "Funny, you feel warmer than I remember"; 36.) "Nora ( Analeigh Tipton ), he didn't come here for an interview"; 37.) "Did you say, 'We ...'"; 38.) Pretty Woman; 39.) "'Nailed it"; 40.) "They're curing themselves"; 41.) "We want to help"; 42.) Subway; 43.) "Who the hell do we shoot"; 44.) Water fountain; 45.) Kiss; 46.) Bleeding; 47.) '"Situation has changed"; 48.) Bonding experience; 49.) Play catch; 50.) "I have zombie fingers"; 51.) "I like R"; and 52.) The wall.

audience reaction:  The audience, the females in particular, really enjoyed this movie. But it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation:  I liked this movie. Go see this if you're a Rom-Com ( or is that Zom-Com? ) Movie fan.

spoiler alert!  Wouldn't the zombies' clothes exude a certain putrefied "aroma"? If they don't have a heartbeat, their Circulatory System won't work ( the reason why zombies won't bleed ) and their Respiratory System won't work, either. Therefore, they won't be able to breathe, talk and smell. And their Digestive System won't work, too, so they won't need to eat. What I'm saying is, Relax, there's no such thing as zombies. Now, vampires, on the other hand ( ha, ha, ha ) .... If those zombies chased after me, I'd be a step ahead of them--literally--simply by walking fast ( ha, ha, ha ). The Memory scene should have been in a "point-of-view" perspective. How come the BMW's airbags didn't deploy? If there were no more humans in that place, how come the electricity wasn't cut-off? The Polaroid photo developed too fast. I know. I had the same exact Polaroid Camera at one time!

fyi:  This movie is better than any in the TWILIGHT Series!

word of advice:  Love means never having to say, "I ate your boyfriend's brains." LOL

Love conquers all.

tidbits:  I went to my Chiropractor first thing in the morning. He told me that my lower back is really tight. And that I should stretch my hamstrings because they also pull on the back muscles. He said to put a pillow under my knees before going to sleep to gently stretch the hamstrings.

I should have my Chiropractor show me some Core Muscle Exercises to strengthen and stretch my lower back muscles. Because lower back pain ain't no fun!!!

I took this picture in the back lot of my Chiropractor's office on my way in for some spinal adjustments.
After the movie, I went home to rest-up for a while before heading off to work. I laid down and put a pillow under my knees. And ... I felt pain on the inside of my left knee. Great, just great .... If it isn't one thing, it's another! Ahh ... the pleasures of getting older---Not!!!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment