Wednesday, February 13, 2013

LOST IN THAILAND, NR ( 1 hr & 45 min )

_

I went to see this today, Monday, February 11th, 2013 in San Francisco, CA, at the AMC METREON 16 for the 7:15 p.m. show in auditorium 6, 4th row ( counting from the front ), 6th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $12.00.

Quickie Review: Two former friends/present business rivals are on a mad dash to find their boss in Thailand to get a Power of Attorney signed in order to proceed with their respective plans for a new gasoline formula invented at their own company's research lab. But a third party with a "Bucket List" unwittingly joins in the fray and complicates matters for the both of them!

There were just about half a dozen people in the auditorium with me. But those present seemed to enjoy this movie.

I liked this Comedy Movie, too. For those of you who are into Chinese Comedies, this movie would serve as a good one to start the Chinese New Year with! "Gong Hay Fat Choy!  Lai si dow loy?" ( translation: Happy Chinese New Year! Where is my money? )

I liked the Catching The Ashtray scene;

And I liked the Cobra Venom scene.

If some "Lady-boys" look that "hot" in real life, I know where I'm going on vacation someday. Ha, ha, ha.

Stay around for Outtakes during the Ending Credits.

Here are some things that I found wrong in this movie: When one of them broke the SUV's side window, the broken glass shown was not safety glass but was just a typical house window glass. I've heard of lonely stretches of road but that highway where they got stranded on sure was A LONELY STRETCH: No vehicles came driving by from either direction from morning 'til night!  That knife was not a throwing knife, it was a Swiss Army Knife, and should not have struck the briefcase the way that it did. The camera and the cell phone got wet in the river yet somehow were still in working condition. The innocent, well-meaning country bumpkin sure was clueless and annoying--and his bald-headed companion had the patience of a saint!

*******************************************************

LOST IN THE FINANCIAL DISTRICT

I went to San Francisco, CA, to make a reservation and to set-up an appointment in the Financial District. When I got off the BART train at the Montgomery Station, I decided to walk on a different route, thinking that it would be a short way to get to my destination. But I Ended-Up Being Lost, walking around for 30 minutes at a brisk pace, trying to find my way around.

Obviously lost, I asked a man where Market Street was. He pointed to some tall buildings behind me. I walked the wrong way, as it turned out! I really had to hustle as I walked back to Market Street and re-oriented myself in the right direction.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I was back in familiar territory as I crossed a street. Some people were also crossing the intersection from a different direction. At the corner, I had to stop abruptly and say, Excuse me, because some f*cking bitch kept walking and TALKING on her damn cellphone without even acknowledging the fact that I was coming from her right side and that she would have walked into me had I not stopped! She didn't even say, "Excuse me" or "I'm sorry." She didn't even bother to acknowledge my presence! What a F*CKING BITCH!!! I really wanted to slap the cellphone-side of her face just to teach her some manners. Instead, I just said, Bitch! And the c*nt didn't even hear it!!! She just kept talking on her damn cellphone! I bet she walks just like the way she drives!

Bitches, cellphones and cars shouldn't be allowed to mix!!! And whoever invented the cellphone needs to get seriously clobbered by the innocent victims of irresponsible, inconsiderate and disrespectful bitches who had their hands and ears glued to their cellphones at the time of the accidents!!!

After I made a reservation and set-up an appointment, I walked to this theatre to see this movie. But I had about two hours before the start of this movie. So, I decided to go grab a bite to eat.

I went to the MacDonald's Restaurant at 609 Market Street. The same MacDonald's that I couldn't find in October of last year. It is just a "hole-in-the-wall" place, as it turns out--must be why I couldn't find it last year. Anyway, they only charge 35 cents for a cup of water! The MacDonald's Restaurants in Vallejo and in Benicia charge a dollar for a cup of water. I ordered a Daily Double sandwich to go with the cup of water.

As I sat at the small round table closest to the entrance, I observed the foot traffic outside. At one point, a man walked by with two small dogs on a leash, two Chinese Crested dogs--two really ugly dogs with punk hair was what they looked like to me! And, later on, a woman walked by with what appeared to be a hairy brown Dachshund on a leash and which scooted along with its rear legs suspended in a wheeled harness.

Presently, a woman stepped through the doors of the "No Smoking Allowed" fast-food restaurant with a lit cigarette in hand. And the man seated at the rectangular table across from mine said, "You can't have that in here! Take it outside." The woman apologized and stepped outside to finish her cigarette.

The man turned to the other diners and said, "She was respectful but sure was f*cking dumb!" The other diners laughed.

The woman stepped back in. AND IT TURNED OUT THAT SHE WAS THE PERSON THAT THE MAN WAS SUPPOSED TO MEET FOR HIS JOB INTERVIEW!!!  Oopsie! Ha, ha, ha.

I had 30 minutes left before the start of this movie. I walked back to the theatre in a super hurry!

I cut across an eatery row between Market and Mission Streets ( across from the Yerba Buena Gardens entrance ) where I spotted a young white female cyclist stop for a moment to pick-up a cup of soda ( ? ) that someone had left behind on one of the square planters set outside the eatery row.  She then proceeded to suck on the straw without even knowing what was inside of the cup!!! What if some prankster had put urine and/or feces in the cup, just for laughs? Yuck! Remind me not to kiss that "somewhat good-looking" woman anytime soon!!

I ordered a 20.0 oz Dasani water ( $4.25 ) and a tray of Fries ( $5.00 ) at the concession counter. And I drizzled 4 packets of Ketchup and 4 packets of Mayonnaise all over the Fries! Um-um good. I looked for packets of Parmesan Cheese, but they didn't have any. Yes, this was my dinner, part 2 ( I had a burger less than 45 minutes ago, remember? )

After the movie, as I started to walk to the BART Train Station on Powell Street, I realized what all of the fast-walking that I did earlier had done to me: My thighs were sore, I had a mild shin splint in my left leg and some bones in my left foot were forced out of alignment! I learned one thing as I limped along: Just because your pair of shoes was advertised as "Walking Shoes," it doesn't mean that they were actually made for walking! I'll have to get a pair of Dr. Scholl's Walking Shoes someday--the sooner, the better!!!



*

No comments:

Post a Comment