Thursday, February 21, 2013

SAFE HAVEN, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 55 min )

-

I went to see this today, Thursday, February 21st, 2013, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 2:20 p.m. show in auditorium 13, 5th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $7.50. And I bought a $4.50 1-litre bottle of Dasani Water at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: I had to break from my usual synopsis/overview format for this movie because the famous JOURNEY song, Don't Stop Believing, already worded its synopsis--of course, I had to reword the lyrics slightly! Here goes ....

Just a city girl, living an abusive life.
She took the midnight bus going anywhere.

'Met a small town boy,
'works and lives in Safe Haven.
He takes his grieving pain, going everywhere.

'A waitress in a smokey shack
that smells of fish and greasy fries.

One night they eat by candle light ...
it goes on and on and on and on ....

Lovers walking up and down the boulevard,
their bodies swaying in the night.

Street side couple walking by to find emotion
showing sometime in the night.

Working hard to earn her tips,
people want more fish and chips--
paying anything to eat more fries
just one more time.

Some drink wine, some drink juice,
some were born to swig the booze!

Oh, the motive never ends.
It goes on and on and on and on ....

Drunkard walking up and down the boulevard,
his eyeballs searching in the night.

Street side couple walking by to find emotion
showing sometime in the night.

Don't stop believing.
Hold on to the feeling.
Street side couple,
whoa, ah, ohh ....

Don't stop believing.
Hold on ....
Street side couple,
whoa, ah, ohh ....

Don't stop believing.
Hold on to that feeling.
Street side couple,
whoa, ah, ohh ....

*
P.S. I hope that you like this Cine-Man's version. Do me the favor of singing my version on Karaoke Night. Ha, ha, ha.

( If you want me to sing it for you, you can just forget it! I don't want to hurt your eardrums. I'm a writer, not a singer. LOL )
-

There were anywhere from eight to ten other people in the audience with me for this show--mostly females. I think that they liked this movie.

I liked it enough. It's a Chick Flick movie for fans of such a genre. Go see it if you're into such movies.

Here are some things that I found wrong in this movie: How was he able to recover from such a knife wound so quickly? The bad guy still had the same amount of sweat on his shirt in the night when the temperature would have already cooled down a bit. The two gas pumps looked like the old-fashioned kind that doesn't accept credit and/or debit cards--he would have to pay for that gas first INSIDE THE STORE! And the gas hose was kinda long, don't you think ...? How come there was no blood on her face and neck after the shooting? Usually, ambulances and firetrucks arrive at the scene within minutes of each other; but the ambulance hauled-off the victim after it was already dawn of the next day.

There is a character in this movie that I shan't mention here because doing so would give away the subplot. 

As I watched this movie, I was reminded of some places in Michigan.

****************************************************

I started my day by going to my workplace to pick-up my check. One of my co-workers, Nancy, asked me how my back felt. I told her that my Chiropractor could pop my upper back and my neck, but he still couldn't pop my lower back because it is still very tight. Of course, the pain has subsided. But the area is still tight.

I also went to my workplace to adjust the setting on the digital camera that I gave to one other co-worker of mine, Robert G., as a wedding present. He was busy and stressed-out and couldn't accommodate me right away. 

So, I went to BofA ( Bank of America ) to make a deposit into my savings account. Then, I went to Chase Bank to make a deposit into my checking account. And I went to Chevron to get some gas and to buy some lottery tickets before I went back to my workplace to adjust the setting on Robert's camera.

After all of that, I went to the Empire Chinese Buffet here in Vallejo to have lunch--and I forgot to take a picture of this restaurant yet again! Then, I went to Goin' Postal at the Food Maxx Shopping Center on the corner of Tuolumne and Redwood Streets to pick-up a package before heading on to see this movie.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment