Friday, February 15, 2013

A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD, R ( 1 hr & 38 min )

-

where:  CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when:  Wednesday, February 13th, 2013
show:  10:00 p.m.
costs:  $10.50 Ticket + $4.50 1-litre Dasani Water = $15.00
auditorium:  8
seat:  5th row ( counting from the front ), 9th column ( counting from the left )

synopsis/overview: John McClane ( Bruce Willis ) goes to Russia to fetch his estranged son, Jack ( Jai Courtney ), who is in deep trouble. But it's not your typical "garden-variety" of trouble that Jack is in: The whole world is at stake because weapons-grade Uranium is at risk of falling into the wrong hands!

noteworthy scenes: 1.) "You don't own me"; 2.) Night club; 3.) Taxi; 4.) Courthouse; 5.) Father and son; 6.) "Mission window is closed"; 7.) Car chase; 8.) "You think I understand a word you say"; 9.) "'Looking right at him"; 10.) "Double 0 7 of Plainfield, New Jersey"; 11.) "I'm on f*cking vacation"; 12.) "Five minutes"; 13.) "I had a two-year contract on that 'phone"; 14.) "Whatever happened to 'Dad'"; 15.) "In American, it means juvenile delinquent"; 16.) Bribe; 17.) Elevator; 18.) "You need a hug"; 19.) "This smells bad"; 20.) "I thought you were a problem child"; 21.) "It's not 1986, you know"; 22.) Helicopter gunship; 23.) "Kill them both"; 24.) Chernobyl; 25.) "You're not gonna cry, are you"; 26.) Car trunk; 27.) "That's none of your concern"; 28.) Masseuse; 29.) Weapons grade; 30.) Walkie-talkie; 31.) "The sh!t we do for our kids"; 32.) "Call me, 'Dad'"; and 33.) "Are you always looking for trouble or does it always find you?"

favorite scenes:  I liked the You Think I Understand A Word You Say scene.

I liked the extended Car Chase scene. It is probably the best chase scene that I've ever seen. I gotta buy one of those armored trucks to use as a daily driver! Ha, ha, ha.

And I liked the I Had A Two-Year Contract On That Phone scene.

audience reaction:  The audience liked it. But it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation:  I liked it enough. Go see this if you're a fan of the DIE HARD movie franchise. The Car Chase scene, I think, is worth the price of admission.

spoiler alert! For such a high-profile case, you'd think that there would be more police patrol cars and patrol motorcycles giving chase to the bad guys. Instead, only one cop car gave chase; and there where no police helicopters around! I guess the old man forgot that he was shot in his left upper arm! That piece of rebar that he pulled out of the other guy's belly was only about 6 inches long; but, when he threw it away, it sounded like it was a much longer piece! At the Chernobyl plant, a lot of bad guys were on the premises; but some of them went "missing" as soon as the shooting started. When John shot at the door inside the helicopter, no bullets ricocheted. When a bad guy was shredded by the helicopter's propeller, how come his garments ( and leather belt, especially ) didn't get entangled around the propeller's shaft? What happened to all of the radioactive material when the helicopter exploded?

fyi:  The Choke Hold that a bad guy used on another bad guy in this movie was almost properly executed--compared to the one in the PARKER movie. I say, Almost, because the strangler's fists were not in the right position to effectively choke the other bad guy. Done right, the victim would have gagged, coughed and choked audibly before getting killed-off!

The special purpose units of the Russian Police Force have the acronym of their units printed on their jackets which is spelled-out as: OMOH ( Otryad Mobilinii Osobogo Naznacheniya ). But it you're an American like John McClane and you see them coming at you from behind in your car's rearview mirror, the letters get reversed to read: HOMO! And I don't think such a red-blooded "macho man" American as John McClane would want to have a bunch of homos chasing after him at all! Ha, ha, ha---Snort!

Just in case you readers out there are curious about the current ranking of your respective nations as visitors of my blogsite, what follows is the current up-to-date list of the Top-Ten Nations:

United States = 31,016 hits
United Kingdom = 2,755 hits
Russia = 2,122 hits
Canada = 1,986 hits
Germany = 1,132 hits
Australia = 787 hits
Philippines = 761 hits
India = 431 hits
France = 410 hits
Ukraine = 386 hits

Special mention goes to Russia: It went from nowhere to tenth place and worked its way up to the number 3 position in very short order, knocking Canada down to fourth place! And Russia, as you can see, is already starting to nip at the heels of the United Kingdom.

India, France and Ukraine came out of nowhere, too!

This movie somehow reminded me of CHERNOBYL DIARIES ( 2012 ) because of the Climactic Scene setting. But I was expecting humanoids to come out and attack everybody! Ha, ha, ha.

word of advice: Looks can be deceiving.

tidbits:  I took this photo earlier today because I liked the assorted flowers bordering the hedge. This is beside the drive-through at the MacDonald's Restaurant in Benicia, CA, at 1602 East 2nd Street. My car was parked right beside it.

-

I was gonna go see this movie in Fairfield, CA. What I planned on doing was to go see TOP GUN ( 1986 ) in I-Max 3-D, first, at 7:30 p.m. then go see this movie at 10:00 p.m. so I wouldn't have to wait in line. But I changed my mind.

I went home, instead, just to rest for a while.

Then, I went to Empire Chinese Buffet here in Vallejo to have dinner before the show.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment