Saturday, February 16, 2013

ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH in 3-D, PG ( 1 hr & 29 min )

-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Saturday, February 16th, 2013
show: 1:35 p.m. Extra-Dollar Off First Show Matinee
costs: $10.00 Ticket + $4.50 1-litre Dasani Water + $8.15 buffet lunch @ Selecta Pilipino Buffet before the movie + $3.47 large Shamrock Shake @ MacDonald's Restaurant after the movie = $26.12
auditorium: 2
seat: 4th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left )

synopsis/overview: Real-life action hero, Scorch, over-confidently goes on yet another daring rescue mission to the Dark Planet where alien life forms go missing forever. But the "distress call" is just a trap! And it is up to his nerdy brother, Gary, to rescue him and save their whole planet from total destruction at the hands of the Dark Planet's evil military leader.

noteworthy scenes: 1.) Baby rescue; 2.) Twelve hundred gnarlachs; 3.) "Jumbo head mode"; 4.) Dark Planet; 5.) "And I feel sorry for her"; 6.) Sponsors; 7.) "Facial hair"; 8.) Video; 9.) "'Sorry, Gary"; 10.) "Does anybody around here care what I think"; 11.) Rocket boot; 12.) Light source; 13.) Captured; 14.) "Stay-at-home mom"; 15.) Three-D; 16.) "Landing gear destroyed"; 17.) Examination room; 18.) Slurpee; 19.) Brain freeze; 20.) Fifty-one Flavors; 21.) Welcome video; 22.) Genius; 23.) Incoming call; 24.) Toilet; 25.) Prisoners; 26.) "It's not a question"; 27.) Alien technologies; 28.) "I'm still dreaming"; 29.) Food fight; 30.) Signatures; 31.) Halley's Comet; 32.) Frozen; 33.) "Stop that! I'm color-blind"; 34.) "Nerd King"; 35.) The Roswell incident; 36.) Fiance; 37.) Blast tape; 38.) Aliens; 39.) "We come in peace"; 40.) Escapees; 41.) "Talking rat"; 42.) "You're not fit to wear this uniform"; 43.) "Tornado"; 44.) Bath towel; 45.) "Mayday"; 46.) Tractor beam; 47.) Free-fall; 48.) "I told you we come in peace"; 49.) "Can we keep him"; 50.) "What does that mean"; 51.) "News report"; 52.) Best man; and 53.) The Wave.

I found this Air Dancer Tube Man on amazon.com.

audience reaction: The brats in the audience and their parents liked this movie, especially the Facial Hair scene. But it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation: I liked this movie enough. Take your little brats to go see this movie.

spoiler alert! So, our tranquilizers work the same way ( no adverse side-effects ) on aliens, too? Why are a bunch of the aliens shown without nostrils? How did the aliens learn how to speak flawless English? ( I know a bunch of Earth aliens who speak English with a thick accent---Heck! I used to be one of them. Ha, ha, ha. ) Considering that the Earth is lightyears apart from the alien planet, their interplanetary conversations should have had long pauses in-between talks. When the spaceship's hatch was opened, there should not have been what seemed like an inexhaustible amount of air rushing out into the space void. And the space vacuum would have also sucked-out all the air in their bodies. How were the aliens able to breathe our air and vice versa?

Well, at least most of the aliens in this movie were not butt-naked! Ha, ha, ha.

fyi: I don't know whether or not this movie is giving a "Nod" to the notion that much of our modern-day technology is supposedly based on Alien Technology obtained through "reverse-engineering" or otherwise. But Conspiracy Theorists would have you believe in modern-day technology's alien origin.

I don't get Brain Freeze. I get Nasal Sinus Freeze!

word of advice: Never always assume the worst in extra-terrestrials.

tidbits: I went to the Chase Bank inside the Food Maxx Supermarket on the corner of Tuolumne and Redwood Streets here in Vallejo to deposit money into my checking account. Then, I went a few doors down to Goin' Postal to drop-off some bill payments.

Then, I had lunch at Selecta Pilipino Buffet on Springs Road.

At the box office, I asked the clerk why they now cordon-off the side-lot parking areas ( see picture below ). He told me that they do that to keep people from sneaking into the auditoriums through the emergency exit doors.

-

So, I guess that I should take back what I said about my being some kind of a VIP person in my blog on IDENTITY THIEF. Ha, ha, ha.

It was a little too warm for my own personal comfort when I sensed the outdoor weather the moment that I stepped outside of the theatre. It was the reason why I had a Shamrock Shake at the MacDonald's Restaurant at 902 Admiral Callaghan Lane in the Target Shopping Center here in Vallejo.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment