Sunday, February 24, 2013

SNITCH, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 35 min )

-

I went to see this on Thursday, February 21st, 2013, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO for the 10:00 p.m. advanced screening in auditorium 2, 6th row ( counting from the front ), 6th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $10.50. And I bought $1.53 worth of bulk Chocolate Candies to go with my purchase of a $4.50 1-litre Dasani Water. Originally, I was just gonna buy some bottled water because I smuggled-in a bag of cookies that I had earlier bought at a dollar store. But, for some stupid reason, I decided to get some bulk candies! Either my conscience is getting the better of me or the theatre lobby's piped-in music has a subliminal command to get patrons to buy more stuff at the concessions counter ( yup, that has got to be it )!

Quickie Review: A loving father will do just about anything to help his son get out of federal prison. Based on a true story.

There were about a dozen people in the auditorium with me for this advanced screening. And they were in rapt attention throughout the movie. Obviously, they were all caught-up in the action as the story unfolded before their very eyes. As was I.

I would say that it is a good movie with the right amount of human drama. Go see this Action/Suspense Movie.

Here are the things that I found wrong in this movie: The shipping label on the package came-off too easily. Real shipping labels don't come-off that easily. In the shoot-out in the junkyard, the cops were called to the scene and were on their way b...u...t... a later scene showed the dead bad guys being buried in a mass grave! There were no bullet holes in the tractor-trailer---What did the rival drug gang use, BB guns? "When you work for us, you'll be treated like family"--the family member that gets abused a lot!!! Ha, ha, ha. I felt sorry for the bad guy(s) who had to count all of those dollar bills, all 83 million of them! I would have loved it had they shown pictures of the real drug lord, his family and his gang in the Ending Credits.

********************************************

It was around 12:30 a.m. of the following day when I got home from the theatre. And I learned that one of the supervisors at work had left a voice-mail on my cellphone asking me to come in and work on my day-off. I had turned-off my cellphone when I was in the theatre earlier in the day to see SAFE HAVEN, and I forgot to turn it back on!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment