Friday, July 26, 2013

TURBO, PG ( 1 hr & 36 min )

-

I went to see this yesterday, Thursday, July 25th, 2013, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 4:40 p.m. show in auditorium 4, 4th row ( counting from the front ), 9th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $7.75. And I bought a $4.50 1-litre bottle of Dasani Water at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: Turbo, a garden snail, fantasizes about becoming an Indy 500 racer. When an accident infuses his body with a massive dose of Nitrous Oxide which turns him into a 200+ mph speedster, circumstances happen that guarantee the fulfillment of his seeming impossible wish.

The audience liked it. There was a lady, in particular, seated a few rows behind mine, who really--and quite audibly--enjoyed this movie. And two ( or more ) audience members gave this movie a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I went to see this movie with the preconceived notion that I wasn't going to enjoy it. But, wouldn't you know it, I actually ended-up liking it. Go see this with your brats.

And I liked the blurb: "He's fast. They're furious."

*************************************************

After work, I went to Selecta Pilipino Buffet on Springs Road, here in Vallejo, to have a late afternoon lunch and to buy some lottery tickets ( $14.68 total ).

And since it was a warm Summer afternoon, I decided to go see this movie just to be somewhere air-conditioned while I digested my big meal.

After the movie, I went to the Chase Bank in the Food Maxx Supermarket on the corner of Tuolumne and Redwood Streets to make a deposit into my checking account. And I went home to rest-up for a while before going back to the theatre once again to catch an advanced screening of THE WOLVERINE. But I decided to catch this show at a later date as I hadn't had much sleep in the last few days.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment