Monday, July 8, 2013

THE HEAT, R ( 1 hr & 57 min )

-

where: UA EMERY BAY STADIUM 10 in Emeryville, CA
when: Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013
show: 6:50 p.m
costs: $5.00 Ticket ( All-Day Tuesday Special ) + $4.75 20.0 oz Dasani Water + $5.00 Carquinez Bridge Toll = $14.75
auditorium: 5
seat: 5th row ( counting from the front ), 10th column ( counting from the left )

synopsis/overview:  Polar opposites Sarah Ashburn ( Sandra Bullock ), a by-the-numbers FBI agent, and Shannon Mullins ( Melissa McCarthy ), a foul-mouthed and short-fused Boston cop, team-up to bring down the local drug lord.

noteworthy scenes: 1.) "Nice work, Dick"; 2.) "Let's go"; 3.) Cat; 4.) Arrogance, competitiveness and showmanship; 5.) "Champaz"; 6.) "It's a good thing I didn't get the drugs"; 7.) "God, what are you, Spock"; 8.) Sudoku; 9.) Watermelon; 10.) Driver's side window; 11.) Special agent; 12.) Cop cars; 13.) Interrogation; 14.) Balls; 15.) "Thirteen years old"; 16.) Bar; 17.) "Tattle tits"; 18.) "Balls-deep in boredom"; 19.) Rosetta Stone; 20.) Toilet; 21.) Refrigerator; 22.) Areola; 23.) "My mom"; 24.) Condom; 25.) "Vent that furnace"; 26.) Dance floor; 27.) Albino; 28.) Coffee filters; 29.) Tux; 30.) "Pork chop"; 31.) Family; 32.) "Tongue in cheek"; 33.) Paint factory; 34.) "Campbell Soup kids"; 35.) "Dogs can hear you"; 36.) "One drink"; 37.) Kiss; 38.) Drunk; 39.) "Your first boyfriend"; 40.) E-mailed; 41.) Family van; 42.) "I feel"; 43.) First aid; 44.) "Induced coma"; 45.) Handpicking; 46.) "My 2003"; 47.) "Sandwiches"; 48.) "You guys coming back from break at the same time"; 49.) Ring; 50.) Confession; 51.) "I gotta put it back in"; 52.) "Misogynistic a--hole"; 53.) Hospital; 54.) Crotch shot; 55.) Seductive pose; 56.) Jesus Sport portrait; 57.) "No cellphone"; 58.) High school yearbook; 59.) "This was never your cat"; and 60.) Photos during the Ending Credits.

audience reaction: The audience liked it a lot. But only one person gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation: I liked it a lot, too, despite the fact that the movie itself is laced with profanity and that McCarthy's "one-act" show has become tiring since it has already seen better days. This movie is probably the second funniest movie of this year, the first one being THIS IS THE END. Go see this movie if you like Comedies and don't mind hearing a lot of profanity from the lead characters.

THE HEAT and THIS IS THE END would make for a perfect comedy double-bill at a drive-in theatre.

spoiler alert! They made this movie as if there will be no repercussions when one acts in an insubordinate, irresponsible way. If you administer first aid even though you are not certified to do so, you could get sued in all likelihood. Why didn't they just bend the suspect's legs at the knee to keep him from falling down?

fyi: Years ago, my work supervisor showed my Chinese friend and co-worker, David, pictures of his two daughters. David looked at them and, quite frankly said, "Ooh, dis one so beautiful. But dis one look like big, fat ugly pork chop ( referring to the daughter who bore a striking resemblance to our supervisor )!" Ha, ha, ha. The supervisor never forgave him for that.

At first, I really thought that the "Albino Guy" was the guy who played the role of Dr. Cullen ( Peter Facinelli ) in the Twilight series! It would have been extra funny had it actually been him.

word of advice: Don't be rude, vulgar, obnoxious, ill-tempered and insubordinate.

tidbits:  I was at the Benicia Safeway earlier in the day between 9:30 and 10:00 a.m.  I was on checkstand one.  A female customer asked me as she pointed at something on the floor, "What's that ...?" I looked at it. It looked like a trail of poo-poo because it was! Somebody left a trail of diarrhea poop from checkstand one all the way to the exit door. Poor person, whoever it was. I'd sure hate to be in that person's shoes---Or should that be, person's pants? Sorry ....

Before seeing this movie, I went to see an earlier show at this theatre. I saw the Punjabi Romantic Comedy, JATT AND JULIET 2, at 3:40 p.m.

-

I couldn't blog about this movie because the characters spoke their lines too fast and the English subtitles would change before I could even finish reading each one. I gave-up reading the subtitles as well as taking notes on this movie. ( By the way, the movie ticket was free on my movie watcher reward card. The popcorn was a dollar-and-medium upgrade on the $2.00 Popcorn [ with Butter ] Tuesday Special. And I bought a $4.75 small 32.0 oz Fruit Punch [ with 4 Ice Cubes only ] at the concessions counter. )

A few days later, I asked Deepty, a co-worker from Punjab, if Punjabis actually talk too fast. She said that they, indeed, talk fast. Okay, that's good to know next time there's a Punjabi movie showing at this theatre.

After watching JATT AND JULIET 2, I looked at the box office listing for movies playing at later times. That was when I learned that they had a 7:00 p.m. advanced screening for THE LONE RANGER. I decided not to watch it. ( And I was glad that I didn't because when I went to see this late in the evening of July 4th, I actually fell asleep watching it--which was a first! Sorry to say .... )


-

By the way, when I showed the box office clerk and the concessions counter clerk my new Elite Regal Movie Watcher Club Card, they were awed by it. They had never seen a club card like mine before. And I informed them, somewhat smugly, that there are only 91 cards such as mine in the whole world; and mine is # 21. "How do you get one," asked one of them. Well, you have to be special, I said.

How special ...? In the last 10 years or so, I probably spent approximately $8,000.00 at this theatre chain alone---And this doesn't even count the money which I spent at other theatre chains within the same time period. Dang! it sure adds-up fast if you tally it all up.


*****************************************



Q: How is a fat woman similar to a motor scooter?



A: Either one is fun to ride until your biker dude friends see you on top of one!


*

No comments:

Post a Comment