Saturday, July 20, 2013

GROWN UPS 2, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 40 min )

-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Wednesday, July 17th, 2013
show: 8:05 p.m.
costs: $10.00 Ticket + $2.01 bulk Chocolate Candies + $4.50 1-L Dasani Water = $16.51
auditorium: 1
seat: 4th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left )

synopsis/overview: Lenny Feder ( Adam Sandler ) relocates his family back to the small town where he grew up with his childhood buddies just as Summer vacation starts. As the old gang gets together to relive childhood memories, they run into some conflict that will add to their lives' lessons on lasting friendship.

noteworthy scenes: 1.) Deer; 2.) "Well, we're not gonna pay for college"; 3.) "Looks like heck"; 4.) Dad Higgins' picture; 5.) Conditioner; 6.) School bus; 7.) Boyfriend; 8.) Monkey boy; 9.) "Watch this"; 10.) Squat aerobics; 11.) G-string; 12.) K-Mart; 13.) Classroom; 14.) Gym; 15.) Parking lot; 16.) Dance recital; 17.) Bully; 18.) Lifetime job; 19.) Ice cream machine; 20.) Fruit Loop; 21.) Statue; 22.) The quarry; 23.) Jump; 24.) "That's my son, Satan"; 25.) Tire; 26.) Graffiti; 27.) Football field; 28.) "Be safe. Don't do what I just did"; 29.) Driver's test; 30.) "Yesterday's history, tomorrow's mystery"; 31.) Car wash; 32.) "They're not all '10s"'; 33.) Dinner time; 34.) Grocery store; 35.) Ice cream parlor; 36.) '80s theme party; 37.) Music prodigy; 38.) Pee stain; 39.) Swimming pool; 40.) Fight; 41.) Party crashers; 42.) Kiss; 43.) "It's a monkey"; 44.) "He was an accident"; and 45.) Talking to future baby.

favorite scene: I liked the scene wherein Marcus Higgins' ( David Spade ) son, Braden ( Alexander Ludwig ), meets him for the first time and double-checks him with the picture that Braden had in his hand. It was just too stupidly funny!

audience reaction: The audience liked this but nobody gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation: I didn't like it that much. This movie is definitely for Adam Sandler fans only---And I know that there are plenty of you out there, based on the number of hits my Adam Sandler movie blogs get!!!

spoiler alert! Why didn't the dog bark at the deer? Why did the daughter hug his father who was still drenched in deer urine? Etceteras .... All in all, this movie labors hard to deliver cheap laughs, some of which are preposterous in their premise and/or delivery. And Nick Swardson ( Nick Hilliard in this movie ) really needs to broaden his comedic acting skills since his presence in his recent movies are more irritating than they are funny.

fyi: I was 4-years-old when my parents decided to put me in 1st Grade! Heck, I couldn't even speak properly yet. And I didn't know anything about "Reading, 'Riting and 'Rithmetic" because my parents didn't bother to send me to nursery school or kindergarten! And the teacher had this little game ( designed to torture me ) that she had us pupils participate in once a week: Math flash card contest. The pupils, picked two at a time, would stand at the back wall and take a step forward for every correct answer made---I was stuck to that wall each week ( that back wall probably still has my butt imprint on it )!

And the other boys ( it was an all-boys school, Notre Dame Elementary School, Boys' Department in Kidapawan, Cotabato, Mindanao, Philippines ) in that 1st Grade class were two years older than I was and were consequently bigger than I was. So, guess who got picked on quite a lot by the class bullies?

Yup, my initial foray into education was riddled with such instances of humiliation, physical abuse and ridicule! It is no wonder that I detested going to school. As a result, I flunked school twice ( in 1st and 2nd Grades ) and had to go to summer school ( in 5th Grade ) to keep from flunking for a third time. But, despite such setbacks, I made it to the Honor Roll in 3rd Grade and in 4th Grade; and I tested with the highest IQ in my 6th Grade Class!

When my family moved here to the United States, my high school experience was no better. Not only that, but in one of my classes in which I never missed a day of attendance, where I was never late, where I always did my homework, and where I always got good grades in tests I ended-up with a C grade because the lowlife redneck racist blonde, blue-eyed short teacher at Pacific High School in San Leandro, CA, a Mr. Remer, switched my A grade with that of a track and field athlete who couldn't even triple-jump further than I could ( and I wasn't even on the team )!

Because of my bad experiences with education since 1st Grade ( or Grade One, in the Philippines ), I've become a very stubborn learner who picks and chooses which subjects pique my capricious interest. And I now only learn what I need to learn; then, I move on.

word of advice: Stand up for each other.

tidbits: As I was getting some bulk Chocolate Candies at the concessions counter, I overheard a male patron ask the cashier a question about his soda fountain drink: "If my Coke tastes like Pepsi, will I get my money back?" The cashier just laughed.

I found this on the Internet. It's somewhat similar to the one at Century 14 Vallejo.
-

I went up to the cashier after I got my bulk Chocolate Candies. And as he rang-up my purchase, I asked him, If my Dasani Water tastes like 7-Up, will I get my money back? He just laughed--what was up with that guy ...?

*

No comments:

Post a Comment