Thursday, August 18, 2016

HOW TO BE YOURS, NR ( 1 hr & 55 min )

-

I went to see this on Wednesday, August 17th, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 10:40 p. show in auditorium 11, 4th row from the front, 9th column from the left. The price of admission was $8.00. And I bought a $6.80 Lite Bites at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  Nino ( Gerald Anderson ), a successful salesman who's career-centered, meets and falls in love with Anj ( Bea Alonzo ), an aspiring chef who's in search of true love. Soon, their priorities are switched, which puts their relationship to a test.

I was the only one in the auditorium for this particular show. This movie is a Chick Flick. If you like Chick Flicks, you might want to check this out.

I found it hard to believe that, after their 1st date, they spent the night in her bedroom ( no sex--but, still ). So, this particular scene was hard for me to believe.

Anj's sister's husband only spoke about two words or so. And one of Anj's male friends was a mute. They could have given either role to me. Although I would have preferred to play the role of Anj's sister's husband!

Near the end of the movie, Nino got into his Ford car. He had a Toyota earlier. I guess that he downgraded.

This movie comes courtesy of ABS-CBN. The very same film/tv production company that just released a fun travel blog about the Phlippines. It is hosted by Kyle Jennermann, a.k.a. Kulas, a Canadain expatriate who is smitten by the natural wonders of the Philippines and its friendly/hospitable people. The travel blog is called, "#BecomingFilipino: Your Travel Blog. You can check it out on Facebook if you don't have a subscription to TFC, The Filipino Channel.


***********************************************


In college, I dated a Jewish girl. We went to her apartment and sat in her bedroom. But I made sure that her door was left ajar. She hinted about not having been kissed yet. But it was too early in our relationship for such hanky-panky. Besides, when we first started dating, she insisted on it being just a platonic relationship. Until she realized that I had Jewish blood in me. She looked up my mom's Jewish maiden name in a Hebrew dictionary and came up with these two definitions: ( masculine ) Poor and destitute; ( feminine ) Lustful nymphomaniac! Oh, boy. You can be sure that I didn't tell my mom about her maiden name's feminine definition! Ha, ha, ha.

I was at the Benicia, CA, BofA branch to make a deposit around 11:00 a.m. today. On my way back to my car, I noticed that some lady had posted a neighborhood predator alert outside the doors of Rite Aid Drugstore and Safeway Supermarket. It seems that there's a pick-up truck driver going around asking for directions while "pleasuring" himself! I took a picture of the poster but my damn Chromebook won't let me upload it here ( maybe someday ).

I had a craving for Indian Buffet so I decided to go to Taj Grill here in Vallejo for their lunch buffet. At the exit just before my exit, an asshole truck driver merged into my lane from the on-ramp without even signaling! I had to quickly swerve to the middle lane to avoid getting my car broadsided by his Lays Potato delivery truck. I should have writen down his license plate number and the 1-800 number at the back of his truck to call and complain about the idiot.

I don't know about you, but I noticed something about eating Indian buffet food: I have good bowel movements afterwards. With Pilipino buffet food and Chinese buffet food, the food just sits in there for a day or two.

After eating at the Indian buffet restaurant, I headed on over to Goin' Postal in the Food Maxx Shopping Center on the corner of Tuolumne and Redwood Streets to pick-up a package.

Then, I went to the Vallejo Main Post Office to pick up a week's worth of mail--mostly junk mail.

Oh, by the way, on my way to the post office, I noticed that they were shooting an indoor scene for Selena Gomez's Netflix TV movie. The film shoot was on Virginia Street, between Sonoma Boulevard and Marin Street. I didn't stop because I had a full stomach and because I worked graveyard shift the night before and I was too sweaty and too dirty to do a "meet-and-greet" with the actress. I still have time, though, because they'll be shooting scenes 'til November. I want to be on the set to observe and to blog. Hopefully, I will have that opportunity some day, God willing.

I was at the Sonoma Boulevard MacDonald's Restaurant while I waited for this movie to begin. When I cleaned my eyeglasses at the men's room lavatory sink, the rightside lens came off because the screw at the hinge was loose. I went to my car to use my box cutter's blade to tighten the screw.

On my way to the theatre, while driving on Sonoma Boulevard, some idiot asshole behind me wasn't satisfied with me driving at the posted 35 mph ( 56 kph ) and cut me off so he could speed-off in excess of 60 mph ( 97 kph ) on a city street! Where was a cop when I needed one?

As soon as I got home, I went to work on my eyeglasses. I used Krazy Glue to keep the hinge screws from loosening again. It should work since I've done it before.

Here's something funny for you to read ....


Nigerian US Embassy E-mail Scam ( When will these idiots ever learn? ):

I received a notification on my cellphone that the US Embassy has an urgent message for me and had already contacted me once before. The strange thing is that I never received the first message. Hmm .... So, I checked my 'phone's calendar date of events and there it was, dated Tuesday, August 16th, 2016, at between 5:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. PST. I write it now, verbatim, for your own amusement, spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors included.

US EMBASSY CONTACTING YOU AGAIN, VERY URGENT,

This is Mr. James F. Entwistle. United States Ambassador to Nigeria
Department United States Embassy SeaL
Greeting from U.S Embassy,

THIS MAIL IS ONLY FOR THE OWNER OF THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS

Attn; Beneficiary,

Please i want to inform you that your fund was brought to my desk this morning because the SECRETARY OF UNITED NATION here in Nigeria said that they will divert your compensation fund to the Government Treasury account just because you failed to pay for their fee.

But i told them to wait until i hear from you today so that i will know the reason why you rejected such amount of money ( $1,800,000.00, ) which is a compensation from United Nation to support you and will change your life, Please I want your urgent response as soon as you receive this email,

However if you are still interested in this offer fund from the UN then I will advice you to fill your complete information below and get back to me immediately I will also be sending my passport to you as soon as I receive your details.

YOUR COMPLETE INFORMATION IS NEEDED TO ENABLE US PROCESS THE DELIVERY OF YOUR FUND, CONTACT ME DIRECTLY ONLY ON THIS OFFICAL EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONE I DO CHECK ALWAYS.

YOUR FULL NAME__________________
YOUR HOME ADDRESS__________________
YOUR STATE AND COUNTRY___________________
YOUR AGE/SEX___________________
DIRECT PHONE NUMBER____________
YOUR OCCUPATION_____________
CONTACT ME DIRECTLY ONLY ON THIS E-MAIL:  -
usembassy  ambassador  office@*


I will be waiting to hear from you soon E-Mail:-
usembassy  ambassador  office@*



Mr James F. Entwistle.
United States Ambassador to Nigeria


E-MAIL:- usembassy  ambassador  office@*

*mail.ru  ( note: I purposely left this part out of the e-mail address so that the idiotic Nigerian scammer will be clueless as to how his scam was exposed! There is, indeed, a Mr. Entwistle as the current US Ambassador to Nigeria. But I doubt that it is he that's represented in this e-mail scam. )

I contacted the U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT concerning this stupid scam.

The next day, I received this e-mail message from the US STATE Department:


U.S. State Department NoReply@state.gov

12:47 PM (6 hours ago)
to NoReply
Department of State Banner

August 18, 2016



You have contacted the Bureau of Public Affairs. Your query reaches beyond our purview.

For answers to passport questions, we encourage you to visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs' passport page:  http://redirect.state.sbu/?url=https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.htmlTo check the status of your passport application, please visit: http://redirect.state.sbu/?url=https://passportstatus.state.gov/opss/OPSS_Status_ip.aspYou may also wish to contact the National Passport Information Center via emai:  NPIC@state.gov.


Thank you for contacting the U.S. Department of State.


Bureau of Public Affairs
Office of Public Engagement

**Please DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail address. It is not monitored for responses.**


Okay, I'll try the FBI.




*

No comments:

Post a Comment