Monday, August 29, 2016

HANDS OF STONE / DON'T BREATHE

R   ( 1 hr & 45 min )
-

I went to see this today, Monday, August 29th, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJ0, for the 11:15 a.m. 1st-show Matinee in auditorium 13, 3rd row from the front, 7th column from the left. The price of admission was $6.25. I bought a $5.40 Nachos w/ Cheese and a $0.00 small Powerade Mountain Berry Blast ( free offer on my movie-watcher e-mail reward coupon ) at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  Roberto Duran's ( Edgar Ramirez ) life is chronicled from his childhood in a poor neighborhood in Panama to his rise as one of the world's greatest boxing legends.

The audience of about a dozen liked this movie. I liked this movie, too. Go see this movie if you're a boxing aficionado.

***********************************************

Is it just me or did boxing promoter Don King's stable of boxers all fall from grace?

I didn't know that Roberto Duran loves Baskin-Robbins 31 Flavors ice creams.

Roberto Duran must have a very complicated personality! I found this on the Internet.
-

Which reminded me of when I moved into my condo back in April of 2001. I stuffed my freezer with nothing but ice cream. I had 21 flavors of ice cream ( which qualifies me to be called, "Baskin-Robbins Junior"? ) at one time in my freezer. And that was all I ate for breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snack. Now, I don't even want to eat ice cream anymore!

I went to Selecta Pilipino Buffet Restaurant on Springs Road to have lunch and to buy some lottery tickets. I paid $8.00 for lunch and $9.00 on lottery tickets.

On my way to Selecta Pilipino Buffet Restaurant, I saw a black man, without a shirt on, walking west on Tennesee Steet, past the corner of Lassen Street, in the middle of the left lane. Dumbass idiot. I bet that if he got hit by a car he would sue!


***********************************************

R  ( 1 hr & 28 min )
-

I went to see this on the same day, in the same theatre, for the 4:40 p.m. show in auditorium 8, 6th row from the front, 8ht column from the right. The price of admission was $6.25. And I bought a medium Powerade Mountain Berry Blast for $4.80 at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  Three burglars think that they have an easy target in a blind man rumored to have a big stash of money hidden somewhere in his house. But they are wrong.

The audience liked this movie. I liked it, too. Go see this movie if you're into Horror/Suspense movies.

The scene with the turkey baster was probably the best scene in the movie! The scene wherein a bad guy was shot in the head was good. And the dog in the trunk of the car was good, too.

As much as I liked this movie ...

There are some things wrong in this movie:  They break into someone's house without a flashlight, only relying on their smartphones' flashlight app that eats up battery "juice" too fast--doesn't make sense ( I carry two mini flashlights on my person at all times, and I'm not a burglar ). Since the gestation period was still early on, then a crucial event in the movie occurred within a three-month period prior to the break-in. Why was a newspaper clipping well within reach? How was a blind man able to procure a medical/scientific device for his own personal use during that time period? How was he able to set the device to the proper operating temperature? How was the "dungeon" built by a blind man? He hit that guy hard in the head with a steel mallet which should have killed the guy, I think. Shoving a turkey baster straight and hard into someone's mouth would produce serious injury to the back of that one's mouth. The dog couldn't reach her face but her breasts--not to sound kinky--were well within range. The cops who investigated the crime scene would have discovered the secret "dungeon" and the pair of shoes that couldn't be accounted for. This movie sends a bad message at the end.


***********************************************

After the movie, I went to the 99-Cent Only Store on Sonoma Boulevard to buy allergy tablets and cough drops. I also bought a jar of salad dressing, a small tub of cream cheese and a can of cream of mushroom soup.

I bought the cream cheese and the cream of mushroom soup because I'm still tweaking a ( sour dough bread or corn chip ) dip recipe that a co-worker shared with me. Her dip only calls for the use of three ingredients: cream cheese, cream of mushroom soup and garlic. She gave me the wrong amount to use on the garlic. I asked her if the dip needed two bulbs ( heads ) of garlic or two cloves ( pieces ). She said to use two bulbs.

Well, when I first made the dip, it seemed to me that even one bulb of garlic was too much. I only used half a bulb ( 6 goodly-sized cloves ). It was still just too strong--but I'm sure that it killed viruses and germs in my body and kept the girls at bay, for sure! Ha, ha, ha.

The second time that I made the dip, I used just 3 cloves of garlic. The third time around, I'll use 4 cloves of garlic. And I'm thinking of taking this dip to the next level by adding other stuff to it.

When I got home, I called the mailbox company to inquire about getting my new mailbox key since I learned just last night that the new "theft-proof" mailboxes have already been installed. I mentioned to the man who responded that I specifically wrote them a note to put my mailbox key in an envelope and slip it under my door. I guess they forgot to take notice it. Anyway, after I spoke with him, I e-mailed him just to go over the specifics.

Even after I get my mailbox key, I will still make it a habit of going to the main post office twice a week so that I can check on the on-going Selena Gomez Netflix film shoot in Old Downtown Vallejo. Since I would like to be allowed on the set so that I can blog about it.


*

1 comment: