Monday, August 8, 2016

SUICIDE SQUAD, PG-13 ( 2 hr & 3 min )

-

where:  CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when:  Friday, August 5th, 2016
show:  9:45 p.m. 3-D
costs:  $15.00 Ticket + $6.80 Lite Bites = $21.80
auditorium:  1
seat:  4th row from the front, 7th column from the right

2nd time


-

where:  CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when:  Saturday, August 6th, 2016
show:  5:55 p.m. 2-D
costs:  $8.00 Ticket + $7.05 meduim Buttered Popcorn + $0.65 upgrade on a Free small Powerade Mountain Berry Blast ( free small fountain drink offer on my movie-watcher e-mail reward coupon ) = $15.70
auditorium:  8
seat:  4th row from the front, 7th column from the right

synopsis/overview:  In a post-Superman world, the world has become paranoid of meta-humans. A bunch of incarcerated bad guys with special talents and/or super powers are then recruited by a covert agency to do "black ops" in exchange for lighter sentences.

noteworthy scenes:  1.) Bad guy backgrounds; 2.) "Please don't touch me"; 3.) "Welcome, Mam"; 4.) "Clear my browser history"; 5.) "You 'white-people' that thing"; 6.) Subway attack; 7.) Gift basket; 8.) "She bolted"; 9.) Pep talk; 10.) "Behold the voice of god"; 11.) Mind games; 12.) Hostiles; 13.) "That's how I cut and run"; 14.) Cigarette lighter; 15.) "I'm touching you"; 16.) Question; 17.) "That is just a mean lady"; 18.) "The bird's been jacked"; 19.) "I missed"; 20.) "She's down"; 21.) The heart; 22.) "Tell everybody ... everything"; 23.) Bar; 24.) "I know what you want, exactly what you want"; 25.) Bomb; 26.) "I'm not a hugger"; 27.) Crushed heart; 28.) "How are you ot dead"; 29.) Hypothenuse; 30.) Prison break-in; and 31.) Bonus Scene during the Ending Credits.

audience reaction: The audience liked this movie but didn't give it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

2nd audience reaction:  The audience liked this movie and gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation:  I liked this movie. Go see this movie if you like superhero movies. Pay no attention to some bad reviews that it garnered on the Internet. One online reviewer, in particular, suggested that people take a blanket and a binky with them because they will just fall asleep halfway through the movie---That's a lot of bull!

spoiler alert!  When Deadshot ( Will Smith ) laid on the ground in the alley, he held his handgun "gangsta thug" style, which didn't make sense. Why didn't it make sense? If you aim your handgun at your target crosswise instead of lenghtwise, the recoil from the shot will make your aim less accurate. Why didn't the Enchantress ( Cara Delevingne ) snatch the heart and teleport herself away from there? It is simply impossible for any human, Deadshot included, to hit a target repeatedly with pin-point accuracy by using a fully automatic assault rifle because of the recoil effect. When the Enchantress escaped from Flagg ( Joel Kinnaman ), she left him with a bomb that only had one second left on the count-down timer. So, what happened to that bomb because there was no way in the world that Flagg could have deactivated it in time! That Helicopter Gunship more than likely was equipped with a machine gun that fired armor-piercing rounds; in other words, the entire Suicide Squad would have been shredded to pieces by the rounds no matter where they docked for cover on the roof of that building! Exactly how many guys did the Enchantress have to kiss to build her army? How did they get to the top floor before Harley Quinn ( Margot Robbie ) did--and why where none of them gasping for air? Harley Quinn's memory flashback involving the corrosive (?) liquid-filled vats didn't make sense to me.  Diablo ( Jay Hernandez ) used a sweeping motion to "flame-thrower" the enemy which would have made him an easy target of enemy fire! Instead, Diablo should have used a fan-out flame counter-attack on the enemy. Shouldn't the boomerang's built-in video be spinning around, too? Did the Enchantress really need to sway her hips from side to side just to create a super weapon? Or was her intention to erect ( ahem! ) a super weapon all along? When Diablo's flames were extenguished, you'd think that he would be totally butt-naked! Why did the 6-shooter still have a bullet left in it? A 6,000-plus years-old being knows what is meant by, "Balls," imagine that! I don't think that Harley's cell had a toilet, or a shower. Forget the toilet, a shower should have been installed! Ha, ha, ha.

fyi: True to his name, The Flash ( Ezra Miller ) was there for just a fraction of a time!

There's a John F. Ostrander Federal Building in this movie. You DC fans know what it's all about.

I have a strong feeling that there will be a Harley Quinn movie coming up.

This movie has a later scene involving the use of Geometry. I may have already mentioned this before but, the secret to really knowing/mastering Plane Geometry is by learning everything there is to know about the Right Angle. That's it! Once you've figured that out, you've got Plane Geometry in the bag. Heck, as soon as I made this discovery 30 years ago, I stopped studying for my Geometry tests and still passed them with relative ease.

word of advice: "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer." Michael Corleone, THE GODFATHER, II  ( 1974 )

tidbits:  An older lady ( older than I am by just a few years ), who's a comic book fan, gave me a business card of the local comic books store in Benicia, CA. Zeppelin Comics is on East H Street. I've never been there. I will have to check it out someday.

On my lunch break, a casual acquaintance and I started talking about the lottery, how someone in Benicia just recently won $100,000 on a scratch-off. I said that I've been playing the wrong games all along since I don't usually play scratch-offs. I told him that I have a thick stack of none-winning lottery tickets at home. He told me to save them for just in case I win the lottery big-time because I can use the tickets as lottery expenses when I file my income tax return. Now, why didn't I think of that? It's an excellent idea.

In the afternoon, a former co-worker just happened by. She was wearing a DC Comics t-shirt with assorted superheroes on it. I asked her if she was a DC Comics fan. She said that she was a COMICS fan. I stood corrected. Ha, ha, ha.

I purposely parked my car far away from the theatre so that I could put in a little bit of jogging on my way back to my car after the movie ended. And I did just that. I'm gonna have to make this a regular habit.

2nd tidbits:  I parked my car far away from the theatre once again. But I couldn't jog it back to my car because I was busy doing catch-up on my mantras. 

I went to the 3289 Sonoma Boulevard MacDonald's Restaurant here in Vallejo to have a light dinner as I worked on this blog. As I waited to receive my meal, I happened to notice something on their nutrition facts poster. It listed a carcinogen: Acrylamide. Apparently, browned foods become laden with this carcinogen as a matter of course. By browned foods, it means French Fries, Toasts, Pie Crusts, etc. Yup, you've been duly warned!

I had a lovely dream this night. I dreamed that mid-way in October of this year, I was so happy to finally be moving out of my condo because I won the lottery. Gad, I hope that it's a prophetic dream!


*

No comments:

Post a Comment