Tuesday, August 23, 2016

WAR DOGS, R ( 1 hr & 54 min )

-

I went to see this on Saturday, August 20th, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 6:50 p.m. show in auditorium 6, 2nd row from the front, 7th column from the right. The price of admission was $11.50. And I bought a $6.80 Lite Bites at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  Two friends get the "Dream Deal" of their lives when they land a government contract to supply the Afghan forces with AK-47 ammo. But they soon discover that they are in way over their heads. Based on a true story.

The audience liked it. I liked it, too. Go see this movie.

The scene wherein one of them shot rounds into the air in that neighborhood, I found hard to believe. He could just have shot at someone's front yard to keep from hurting/killing someone with stray bullets. I felt sorry for their driver ( I hope that this role was strictly fictional, not based on an actual person ). I usually don't comment that much on "based on a true story" movies because I don't know which scenes are true and which scenes are embellished upon/fabricated for "dramatic purposes".

When I stepped out of the auditorium,  a man seating on a bench with his son, and waiting for the next show, asked me,  "How was the movie?" I said that I liked it,  that it fascinated me. He said that that was a good enough of a review for him.

**********************************************

Yesterday, Friday, the 19th, I was at the 1602 E. 2nd Street McDonald's Restaurant in Benicia. As I took my tray to a table at around 6:10 p.m., I saw a cop standing in the lobby. He said that someone had called about a girl running out of the restaurant without any pants on! He was asking everyone for information. How could I have missed that?!?!?! Damn, my burger wasn't made fast enough!

But I think that it was really a guy. When I went to use the men's room, I noticed that someone had left a doo-doo on the toilet seat. And a pair of soiled pants was in the trash can. LMAO

Well, today, I went back to the same McDonald's. After I filled my large cup with half lemonade and half sweet tea, I started to walk towards the back lobby when, all of a sudden, at 2:49 p.m., the fountain drink machine started dispensing ice cubes all by itself. I looked at the woman seated closest to the fountain drink machine and made the comment, It must've been a ghost.

There are supposedly many ghost sightings here in Benicia, CA. It was even featured in a newspaper article and was shown as a segment on a ghost-hunting TV show.

I know the former owner of Char's Hot Dogs on 1st Street, here in Benicia. He told me, "Before I owned the restaurant, I didn't believe in ghosts."  Apparently, a male ghost haunts that place and was seen on occasion at night and after it closes for the evening.

I should eat at Char's someday--or some evening!



*

No comments:

Post a Comment