Tuesday, August 23, 2016

HAPPY BHAG JAYEGI / RUSTOM

NR  ( 2 hr & 6 min )
-

I went to see this on Monday, August 22nd, 2016, in Richmond, CA, at the CENTURY HILLTOP 16, for the 3:35 p.m. show in auditorium 16, 3rd row from the front, 8ht column from the right.  The price of admission was $8.50. And I bought a medium Minute Maid Diet Peach for $4.85 at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: A run-away Hindu bride inadvertently finds herself in Pakistan!

[   I'd be happy to have Happy ( Diana Penty ) as my wife since Asin Thottumkal isn't available anymore.   :-(     ]

The audience liked it. And I liked it. Go see this romantic Bollywood comedy.

Hindu India and Muslim Pakistan are in a tense relationship, supposedly over the water supplied by the Ganges River. This movie tries to reconciliate the two countries, if only through a comedy film. Because we really cannot afford to have both countries wage a war against each other now that they're both armed with nuclear missiles.

P.S. The Minute Maid Diet Peach had a disagreeable taste.

_


NR  ( 2 hr & 28 min )
-

I went to see this on the same day, in the same city, at the same theatre, for the 6:30 p.m. show in auditorium 12, 3rd row from the front, 7th column from the left. The price of admission was $11.00. And I bought a $6.80 Lite Bites at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  A decorated Indian Navy Officer kills a lothario ( Arjan Bajwa ). His trial uncovers the dead man's connection to a scheme that could more literally than figuratively sink the Indian Navy. Based on a true story.

The audience liked this movie. I liked this movie, too. Go see this movie if you like courtroom dramas.

Once again, since this movie is based on a true story, and since I don't know which parts are true and which parts aren't, I will not comment that much on this movie.

But, first, I would like to say that the leading lady, Ileana D'Cruz,  is very beautiful--and the other main female character, Esha Gupta, isn't bad-looking either.

If I were the prosecutor, I would have demanded a retrial and bar the newspaper publisher from once again influencing the jury's decision!

This movie is quite a departure for Akshay Kumar. I usually see him in comedy films. I first saw Akshay Kumar in the 2009 movie, CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA, a silly Martial Arts film.

-


*

No comments:

Post a Comment