Friday, August 5, 2016

NERVE, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 36 min )

-

I went to see this on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 1:55 p.m. show in auditorium 5, 3rd row from the front, 8ht column from the left. The price of admission was $8.00. And I bought a $7.05 medium Buttered Popcorn and a $0.65 medium upgrade on a free small Powerade Mountain Berry Blast ( free drink offer on my movie-watcher e-mail reward coupon ) at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: Vee ( Emma Roberts ) always watches life from the sidelines. Until she accepts a challenge to play an on-line live-or-die Dare game.

The audience liked this movie. Yeah, I liked it, too. Go see this if you like Suspense/Thriller type of movies.

My fear of great heights betrayed me in the Tall Building and Skyscraper Crane scenes as the camera pointed downward. I don't know about you but, when I look down from a great height, my legs go weak and I get a "tickly-weakly" feeling in my groin area ( I wanted to say, Testicles, but---Oops! busted ... ). And my fear didn't discriminate between real height and reel height. I'm just glad that this movie is not in 3-D or, worse, in I-Max 3-D or I would have had a panick attack. Ha, ha, ha. You know, come to think of it, I seriously think that my fear of heights IS the reason why I'm short!


********************************************

After watching the movie, I decided to check-out two department stores in the Gateway Plaza Shopping Center. I went to Ross and Marshall's, near the opposite end of the parking lot from the theatre, to see if they sell short-sleeve white Polo shirts with a chest pocket. They do sell such a shirt--but at such exorbitant prices since they're brand name shirts! I wouldn't buy such an expensive shirt just to wear to work. Fashion statement, my butt! They don't pay me to advertise their shirts, do they?

Wal-Mart sells short sleeve white Polo shirts with a chest pocket but they're currently sold-out since their shirt is only $7.99 each. Every week, I would swing by the American Canyon, CA, Wal-Mart Super Center to see if they had restocked their Polo shirts. But they still don't have any at all at this time.

I went to the Sonoma Boulevard MacDonald's Restaurant to have lunch. While there, I went on-line to see if Haband and Blair have white Polo shirts with a chest pocket. They do, but for $11.99 each ( Haband's short-sleeve ) and $24.99 each ( Blair's long-sleeve ), plus shipping and handling. Nope, still too expensive for just one shirt.

My only seeming option was Wal-Mart's $7.99 white Polo Shirt with a chest pocket once they have it back in stock. ( I find shirts with a chest pocket, or two, of more practical use for me. )

But that was before I drove across the street to check-out the shirts at ...


Factory 2-U is now under the ownership of Fallas Department Stores. I don't know when the change in ownership happened. This is a factory outlet-type of store for the budget conscious--and cheapskates such as myself. Ha, ha, ha.
-

I saw a bunch of white Polo shirts spread through-out the Men's department. But none of them had a chest pocket. I about resigned myself to settling for a Polo shirt without a chest pocket. Then, I rummaged through a circular shirt rack and--lo and behold! a bunch of size Large and Extra Large white Polo shirts with a chest pocket for $2.99 each---Sweet! I picked 4 size large shirts; but, upon closer examination, I noticed that all 4 of them had a tiny hole in each! Then, I checked the size Extra Large and looked at each one closely. None of them had any hole. I bought four---I hope that they'll eventually shrink to fit! ( Or I could just tell my co-workers that I lost more weight. Ha, ha, ha. )

Starting next week, I will switch my work uniform from all-black to white Polo shirt and Khaki pants. Because I feel that summertime is the perfect time to wear a white Polo shirt and a pair of Khaki pants. And I finally got tired of being mistaken for a theatre employee everytime I go to the theatre dressed in all-black! Ha, ha, ha.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment