Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WARRIOR, PG-13 ( 2 hr & 19 min )


Quickie Reveiw:  Two brothers, one a soldier  wrestling with a secret past and the other a high school physics teacher struggling with his mortgage payments, are both Mixed Martial Artists estranged from each other and from their recovering alcoholic father.  When the biggest "one-man-takes-all" purse in MMA tournament history is announced the brothers sign-up for the event, each with his own personal reason.  Old familial wounds come to surface as they fight each other physically, mentally and emotionally.

Prediction:  Nick Nolte is a heavyweight contender for an Oscar.

I liked it.  And the audience liked it.  And some gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

Here are the things that I didn't like about this movie:  The hypocrite Principal could have come-up with the excuse that the Teacher was mugged, and the Public School District Superintendent would have been none the wiser for it.  The last fight scene is supposedly a "Tear-Jerker".  But I didn't shed a tear over it simply because it was just a melodramatic Maudlin Scene "milked" for all that it was worth; in real life, the fight would have ended on a technicality!


After the movie, I went to the Men's Room to empty my overly-full bladder.  And I broke my long-standing Bladder-Emptying record of  5 minutes and Something seconds.  That personal record stood unchallenged for over 20 years.  But at 10:39:40 p.m. ( Sunday, September 25th, 2011 ), I did it for 00:07:35 before I had to squeeze my urethra because some guy came in to use one of the urinals.  And I wasn't even done because when I got home I still had "left-overs" for two more toilet breaks.  Quick! somebody go call the Guinness Book of  World Records!  Cine-Man is THE  Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment