Friday, September 23, 2011

DRIVE, R ( 1 hr & 40 min )


Quickie Review:  A Hollywood stunt-driver moonlights as a get-away driver for robbers and burglars.  But when he tries to do a good deed bad things start to happen.

For its  subject matter, this movie sure accelerates slower than my Geo Metro.  It's just an "okay" movie for me.

Here are the things that I found wrong about this movie:  Early on, a character says that the Chevy Impala is the most popular car in California.  I live in California and I simply cannot recall the last time that I saw a Chevy Impala.  In fact, everyday that I'm out on the road, I see Chevy Corvettes, Chevy Camaros, Ford Mustangs, Dodge Chargers, Acuras, Beemers, Buicks, Cadillacs, Volvos, Mercedes, Oldsmobiles, Porsches, Volkswagens, Saabs, Infinitis, Lexuses, Honda Accords, Honda Civics, Toyota Camrys, Subarus, Nissans, Hyundais, Geo Metros and Chevy Metros ( ahem ), etc.  BUT NO CHEVY IMPALAS!!!    I don't know how somebody in a Helicopter can tell whether or not a car down below it is an Impala.  Is it just me or do all Car-Centric movies made in Southern California show the California Aqueduct in at least one scene?  In the chase scene, his car was hit head-on by the other car but the airbags were not deployed.  That slash cut to the arm would only make him bleed to death if his vein was cut lenthwise.  The force of impact when the bad guy's car was "T-Boned" should have killed him instantly by way of Blunt Force Trauma, that or he could have been paralyzed from the waist down from that hit or when his car fell-off the embankment to the beach down below.  He knew what the bad guy was gonna do to him but he still had his back to him when he could have had the bad guy open-up the car trunk for him.  He could have taken some of that money instead of leaving the whole thing out in the parking lot where anybody and everybody could help him-/her-self to the loot.

No comments:

Post a Comment