Monday, September 26, 2011

ABDUCTION, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 46 min )


Quickie Review:  A teen learns that his parents are really not his parents.  Soon, he loses everything as the bad guys come to hunt him down.

It's a good enough action movie.  And the audience seemed to like it--'must be "Jacob" fans.  Hmmph!

Here are the things that I found wrong about this movie:  First, the title.  Abduction means to take away by force or to kidnap.  And ... neither one happened in this movie.  The title should have been:  POSTER BOY FOR "MISSING KID" ADS ON MILK CARTONS.  Secondly, the "pretennabe" parents in this movie seemed like they never did the "nasty" all those years when they had the chance to have, at least, another child by "natural means".  I mean, come on, surely they cannot be that  dedicated to their guardianship roles.  After all, the "mother" is one pretty-hot mama that I, myself,  certainly wouldn't mind doing the "nasty" with if  I'm to play the part of  "husband/father" to her "wife/mother" role if only to make our "cover" more believable--Heck, I'd insist on it!  And you can tell that to the Agency!   If  I had a son who had a visitor of the opposite sex in his bedroom, I'd insist that the door stay unlock and ajar--call me a prude because that's just the way I'd be.  At the CIA briefing, after the group leader said that the kid will be used as a "bargaining chip", a field agent asked, "How so?"  Duh!  And I thought that only the FBI can claim that they have "no intelligence".  Ha, ha, ha.  In the Amtrak train fight, when the bad guy took off his eyeglasses, that would have been a perfect time to get the sonofabitch's eyes gouged out--'remember what I just said about fights-to-the-death:  Fight Dirty!  Near the end, he turned to walk toward his girlfriend but he forgot to limp even though he just twisted his ankle!  Bad acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment