Friday, November 23, 2012

LIFE OF PI in 3-D, PG ( 2 hr & 5 min )

-

I went to see this on Wednesday, November 21st, 2012, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO for the 10:20 p.m. 3-D show in auditorium 2, 5th row, 4th seat.

Quickie Review:  Lost at sea for months after a storm sank his ship and drowned everyone else, Pi ( Suraj Sharma ) must find a way to keep his sole companion on a lifeboat, a Bengal Tiger, from eating him alive.

The audience liked this movie. But it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this visually stunning movie, too. It is such a sumptuous visual treat--kinda like an "all-you-can-eat buffet" for the eyes. Go see this movie.

I liked the scene where Pi threw a flying fish at the tiger.

I liked the scene where Pi and the Tiger took turns marking their territories.

I liked the scene with the whale.

And I liked the Doldrums scene.

Last, but certainly not least, I liked Pi's love interest! She is one hot spice gal.

I cannot say any more about the movie or I will spoil it for you in a major way. Just go see this "Popcorn" movie and enjoy ....

I feel that this movie will get nominated for at least two Oscars. 'Can't wait to see how my Oscar prediction turns out!

No animals were actually killed or harmed in the making of this movie--at least, that is what the disclaimer would have you believe. But it has some really intense scenes involving animals. Although the scene wherein a Meerkat got eaten by the tiger was obviously a fake!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment