Wednesday, November 14, 2012

SKYFALL, PG-13 ( 2 hr & 23 min )

I like this poster the best--oh, yeah--even though the date on it is wrong.
-

I went to see this today, Tuesday, November 13th, 2012, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 3:45 p.m. show in auditorium 8, 6th row, 8ht column.

Quickie Review:  When James Bond ( Daniel Craig ) fails to retrieve a hard drive, MI-6's security gets breached and its headquarters get bombed. And undercover secret agents all over the world get exposed and killed one-by-one. M ( Judi Dench ) turns to the one agent that she can trust to get to the bottom of things: Bond, a.k.a. 007. What Bond uncovers is something hidden from M's past that has now come back to haunt and torment her.

The audience liked this movie but nobody gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this movie but not as much as the rest of the audience did. This 007 is different from the previous 007s: The other 007s would always get the girl ( I think ); but this 007 would always get the girl ... killed--it seems! What a skewed predilection this 007 has! Anyway, go see this movie if you're a die-hard James Bond fan.

Here are the things that I found wrong in this movie: When James Bond was operating the Back Hoe Construction Vehicle, the bad guy shot him in the right chest; and a later scene showed that the bullet had exited his body at the back. So, why was he able to fight normally? When he fell into the water, there was no blood flowing out of his bullet wounds. Bond should have told Eve ( Naomie Harris ) to put half on Red and half on Black. James Bond said, "What a waste of Scotch!" I would have said, What a waste of pu---Never mind! Silva's ( Javier Bardem ) face was badly deformed by Hydrogen Cyanide poisoning, to the point that his Infra-Orbital Nerves were damaged and the Facial Muscles associated with them became atrophied. Therefore, no Oral/Maxillofacial Prosthesis of any kind could ever effectively remedy such a deformity! When he was in the tunnel, he should not have been able to run away from the blast of the explosion. Why did they use a flashlight in the dark when they knew that the bad guys were looking for them? And whatever happened to the barking dogs? No bad guy had the forethought to bring along some Thermal Imaging Scope and/or Night Vision Goggles. That knife was not a throwing knife and should not have hit its target the way it did. There was no way that the hand-thrown knife could have penetrated the Spinal Column all the way through, dead-center. The knife looked like it penetrated T-5 ( Thoracic Vertebra # 5 ) all the way through. The diameter of the Spinal Cord in the Thoracic Region of the Spine is approximately half an inch. And the knife's blade's thickness was probably a quarter inch. Therefore, when the knife penetrated the Spinal Cord in the Thoracic Region, Nerve Impulses to all the Muscles and Organs from the Arms all the way down to the Legs would have all been greatly impaired because of the severe damage done to the Spinal Cord! In other words, I don't think that the bad guy could even have walked from that moment on!!!

I've said this before. Now, I'll say it again: They should have hired my services as Cine-Man, technical consultant!

***********************************************

At 7:30 a.m., I called my Periodontist's clinic to see if they could squeeze me in today for some emergency dental work. They scheduled me to come in at 10:00 a.m.

After I took a shower, I went to the post office to buy money orders as my payment on two property taxes.

Then, I went to my Periodontist's clinic. I had to park at the very far end, around the corner, because everybody went to the dentist/periodontist today. I guess it is because yesterday, Monday, was a holiday.

My Periodontist's new associate, a young and beautiful Chinese-American, took care of me. With the use of her laptop, she showed me my x-ray result: There was no way of saving the tooth because of the cavity on the Medial side of Tooth # 5 and the bone loss in the surrounding area. She extracted the tooth and put some Grafting Material in the area to stabilize Teeth #s 4 and 6, just in case I decide on having an implant put in later on. But I don't think that that will be a good option for me because of my history of Advanced Periodontal Disease.

I decided on getting a partial someday. And since I used to be a Dental Lab Tech, I would like to make the Partial Denture myself, if the lab that I used to work at 16 years ago will let me.

After the tooth extraction, I went to the Safeway Supermarket on Admiral Callaghan Lane, just two buildings in front of my Periodontist's clinic, to get my prescriptions filled. Then, I went to the Fed-Ex Kinko's Store across the parking lot from Safeway to get some xerox copies made. I went back to Safeway to pick-up my prescriptions.

Then, I went back to the post office to drop-off my payments.

And I went to AAA, just a few blocks away, to pay on my car insurance and to get another Vallejo/Benicia/Napa area map since I gave my last one to some from-out-of-town lady.

Before going to see this movie, I decided to have lunch at the MacDonald's Restaurant in the Target Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane here in Vallejo, CA.

This is the side entrance of MacDonald's. They just got done remodeling the place a few days ago. They're competing with Starbucks at the opposite end of this shopping center. Because, just like at Starbucks, they now have electrical outlets for people who want to use their laptops while dining here.
While watching this movie, I was dozing on and off because my pain medication was making me sleepy.

I came back to this restaurant after the movie to finish-up my blog on LINCOLN and to start my blog on this movie. There was a loud drunk inside the restaurant who was just making a fool of himself. They asked him to leave. He left; and he came back. They asked him to leave again. He left but came back later on. They asked him to leave for the last and final time at around 9:30 p.m.

Before going home, I went back to the Admiral Callaghan Lane Safeway Supermarket to buy a banana, an avocado, and a 1.75 qt. of Safeway Select Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream ( hmm, yummy-licious ... ).

*

No comments:

Post a Comment