Friday, November 2, 2012

THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS, R ( 1 hr & 36 min )

-

I went to see this today, Friday, November 2nd, 2012, here in Vallejo, CA, at the Century 14 Vallejo for the 11:40 a.m. ( Extra Dollar Off First Show Matinee ) show in auditorium 14, 4th row, 7th column.

Quickie Review:  A stranger ( RZA ) washes ashore somewhere in China, gets taken-in by Buddhist Monks and eventually becomes a town's highly-skilled blacksmith. He hires his services out to rival martial arts clans that want to get their hands on an anticipated shipment of government gold. After he gets involved in it, and pays a heavy price for his unwelcomed involvement in the matter, he decides to help the town put an end to the greed and bloodshed that is uncontrollably ravaging it.

The audience liked this movie. But there was no "Hands Clapper" at the end. And, speaking of the end, at least a dozen people waited 'til after the Ending Credits to see if there was going to be a Bonus Scene. Nope, there wasn't ....

I liked this movie enough to recommend it to people who grew up on '70s Martial Arts Movies and/or are fans of said genre with its bloody and over-the-top action scenes.

I liked Russell Crowe's two scenes:

1.) "Let's pretend we're Catholic,"

and,

2.) "I'm here for your duck."

Also, I liked the Secret Dessert Key scene.

I thought that Chum Lee was in this movie.

Chum Lee, famous star of the reality TV show, Pawn Stars. I found this on the Internet.
-

I was wrong! It's some guy named, Cung Le.

Here are some things that I found wrong in this movie:  Why was the prostitute, Lady Silk ( Jamie Chung ), always available to him? I mean, if she was the best prostitute at the brothel, her room should have always been "occupied" and would have a "Take A Number" ticket dispenser by the door ( and don't forget to change the bed sheets before you have a "go" at it )! Ha, ha, ha. Preposterous amounts of blood squirt and splash all over the place in some scenes of this movie. His "iron fist" should not have smashed the steel anvil into pieces since iron is weaker than steel! And, even though this movie was filmed entirely in China, all of the Chinese actors and actresses with a speaking part spoke English well!

( I have this Chinese friend, from Hong Kong, who once said of someone, "He committed society [ i.e. suicide ]." 'See what I mean? LOL. Don't get me wrong. He is a very good friend of mine and I like him a lot, but his English can be such a "riot" to listen to at times--and he has been living in the US for over 12 years now yet he still retains his thick Chinese accent. Maybe he should learn to sing American songs like I did, as mentioned in my blog on HERE COMES THE BOOM. )

*

No comments:

Post a Comment