Saturday, November 24, 2012

RISE OF THE GUARDIANS in 3-D, PG ( 1 hr & 37 min )

-

I went to see this today, Saturday, November 24th, 2012, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO for the 2:40 p.m. 3-D show in auditorium 10, 4th row, 8ht column ( counting from the left ).

Quickie Review: Pitch-Black, the Master of Fear, wants the Children of the World to stop believing in Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, The Sandman and The Tooth Fairy so that he can reign supreme and unchallenged. But The Man on the Moon has a plan of his own: Recruit Jack Frost into The Guardians Team.

The audience liked this. But nobody gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this movie enough. It's sure to be a commercial success, i.e. the commercialization of Christmas and Easter will continue on unabated. Take your brats to go see this movie. Then, be ready to fork-over your hard-earned money at the toy store checkstands when your brats go clamoring for movie "tie-in" merchandise just in time for The Holidays! Ha, ha, ha.

A Santa with tattoos .... Now, I've seen everything! But shouldn't his left forearm be sporting the word, "Naughty", instead, since the left side is traditionally associated with what are considered bad? Or ... maybe, he's got the word, "Naughty", tattooed on his right forearm because he is "right-handed"--wink, wink. Heh, heh, heh ....

There are some Bonus Scenes during the Ending Credits, by the way. So, stick around for them.

****************************************************************

I took my 2001 Hyundai Accent to Quality Tune-Up on Sonoma Boulevard here in Vallejo, first thing this morning, for an Oil and Filter change. And I waited it out by having a Burrito Breakfast w/ Orange Juice at the MacDonald's Restaurant next door to it.

They have Wi-Fi at this MacDonald's, I just learned. I'll be sure to keep this in mind for some other time.

The mechanic told me that my car has a Valve Cover Gasket leak, causing the Coolant to get dirty. Didn't I just have the Valve Cover replaced at Wheel-Works, across the street, a few months ago? This is the 3rd time that some mechanic at Wheel-Works did an incompetent job on this particular car of mine! I asked the mechanic if he's heard of complaints about the competition from across the street. But, out of "professional courtesy", he wouldn't divulge any such information. I just hope that the warranty on the Valve Cover job is still in effect and that they fix the problem correctly this time around because I'm tired of constantly taking my car to Wheel-Works and have to put-up with their incompetence!

Gad, I sure miss my Geo Metro. That car ran almost trouble-free!

I dropped-by the Main Post Office to pick-up a package. As I was leaving the building, a hobo sitting by the side entrance asked for some spare change. I didn't give him any. And he said, "God bless you." Don't you just love it when they try to put a "guilt trip" on you? I try and not give them money because they will more than likely just spend it on some vice. Why can't they get AND HOLD a job? I worked two jobs for ten ( 10 ) long years until I couldn't take it anymore since at the end of the day I would be reduced to walking with the aid of a cane because my feet and ankles would be in such pain! If I could hold two jobs, they could hold one job easily. Note to myself: Exit through the main entrance next time.

Then, I went to the Safeway Supermarket in American Canyon, CA, to fill-up my car's tank to take advantage of my 20-cents off per gallon, one-time-only "Gas Reward". With the price of gas the way it is these days, every little bit of savings helps out.

I went back to Vallejo to do a little shopping at The Dollar Tree Store on Sonoma Boulevard.

And I went to the Chase Bank at the Lucky's ( soon-to-be FoodMaxx in January of next year ) Shopping Center on the corner of Tuolumne and Redwood Streets to make a deposit into my checking account and to order two checkbooks.

As I walked back to my car, I called my friend, Hector, in Oakland, CA, because I was planning on visiting him and his family. But they already had other plans for the day. I'll visit them on Thursday, instead, after I take my car to Wheel-Works.

I went back to my condo to fetch my laptop. And I drove directly to the MacDonald's Restaurant in the Target Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane here in Vallejo to do my blog on RED DAWN while I waited for this movie to start.

One of the dining patrons asked me, as he walked by, if I get Wi-Fi in the restaurant. I said, Yes. He asked me if the signal is encrypted ( Huh, how the f-ck would I know? ). I said that I don' know. He said to check if the signal is WPA-2 coded. Now, how the heck would I go about checking-up on that? I've gotta get Hector's son, Isma, to check it out for me.

When I told the box office clerk at the theatre that I was there to see the 3-D version of RISE OF THE GUARDIANS, she dug through her supply of 3-D glasses and handed me a special "Collector's Edition" 3-D glasses. Either I get special treatment because I'm a regular movie patron/blogger OR some girls who work there just simply have got the "hots" for me and are actively vying for my "manly" attention ( the sexy 1st Stage Yogi that I am--ahem! [ cough, cough ... ] )---I like this second explanation better! Don't you ...?

Anyway ...

I told the clerk that I was gonna keep the "Collector's Edition" 3-D glasses as a souvenir and use the spare pair of regular 3-D glasses that I keep handy in my car. I came prepared, having learned from experience.

After RISE OF THE GUARDIANS ended, I went to the Starbucks Coffee Shop at the Target Shopping Center here on Admiral Callaghan Lane at the opposite end of the parking lot from the MacDonald's Restaurant, where I was at earlier, to do my blog on this movie. Thank God, the "WPA-2" guy wasn't there!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment