Tuesday, November 13, 2012

LINCOLN, PG-13 ( 2 hr & 29 min )

-

If you notice the date on this photo, it is from last week when I came here for the very first time to see a movie. The movie was Denzel Washington's FLIGHT. He did a good job of portraying a pilot who is an alcoholic and a drug addict. But I think that his character was just too much to be believable; it was more like a parody sketch, if you ask me. 'Sorry for the blurry shot. I will try and set my digital camera at 400 asa speed next time.


I went to see this today, Monday, November 12th, 2012, in San Francisco, CA, at the CENTURY SAN FRANCISCO CENTRE 9 and X-D on the 5th floor of the Westfield Shopping Center, for the 5:50 p.m. show in auditorium 1, 7th row, 9th column ( seat number 18--I count from the left ).

Quickie Review: With the Civil War into its fourth year, President Lincoln finds himself with the moral and ethical duty to get the 13th Amendment to The US Constitution, which guarantees freedom and equality for slaves, passed by the House Committee.

The audience liked this movie. And many of them gave this movie a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this movie, too. It goes into the subject more than what any US History book could do. I would highly recommend this to all of you US History buffs out there.

Daniel Day-Lewis did a superbly stellar job in portraying our beloved 16th President--he even looks like the President! When you see this movie, you don't see Daniel Day-Lewis; you see President Lincoln, himself. How uncanny. He is a very strong contender for Best Actor in the upcoming Oscars.

The only thing that I didn't like about this movie are the last two scenes which, in my own opinion, should have been switched around. Better yet, the Assassination scene should have been completely cut-out and left on the cutting-room floor ( it just looked out of place, to begin with )!

*********************************************

I had a chiropractor's appointment first thing in the morning, at 8:30 a.m.

After my spinal adjustment, I called my dentist to see if he could see me today for a tooth that had been bothering me for the last few days. But they could not squeeze me into their schedule.

Then, I went to the Dollar Tree Store across from my chiropractor's clinic on Sonoma Boulevard here in Vallejo, CA.

And I went to Max's of Manila Restaurant, just around the corner from the Dollar Tree Store, to have a Pilipino Buffet Breakfast.

I decided to see WRECK-IT RALPH once again, here in Vallejo, CA, as I waited for my food to get digested. There were a lot of brats in the auditorium with me because today is a Veterans' Day holiday. The brats and their parents really like the movie. The very annoying boy brat seated directly behind me kicked the back of my seat a few times. Why don't their irresponsible parents teach their brats some manners before they're forced to learn manners the hard way? The girl brat seated four seats to my right was dancing to the music during the Ending Credits--that was cute, I suppose.

As I stepped-out of the theatre, this is what I saw:

This van has Barbie Dolls--naked ones!!!--all over the rooftop and on its rear bumper. This van belongs to the owner of  a Barbie Doll Art Shop here in Vallejo, CA. The website is www.ooakbarbies.com. Go check it out! Any Barbie Doll fans out there ...?

I went home afterward to take a quick shower and to wait for the time when I will need to leave for my afternoon doctor's appointment in San Francisco.

I drove to the El Cerrito Del Norte Bart Train Station to catch the 3:16 p.m. San Francisco bound Bart train.

While the train was in transit, I got a message on my cellphone from a coworker of mine. But it was just too noisy in the train to hear what he had to say.

Presently, at one of the Berkeley Bart Train Stations, a beautiful blonde sat next to me, even though there were other available seats in that particular car. But I was not in a social mood since my tooth was really bothering me. Even though I applied some topical pain killer, Anbesol, on it before I left my condo, I was still in pain and was not about to chat-up anybody! I just sat there doing my Zhunti Mantra--I don't even think that my mantra work counted for any Karmic Merit at all since I did it while I was in pain, i.e. my mind was not really into it because of the pain.

When I got to San Francisco, I decided to while the time away at Posh Bagel Shop on Sutter Street before I was due for my 4:45 p.m. medical doctor's appointment. I bought a bottle of GT's Raw Kombucha Synergy Gingerberry to drink while I was there. I checked on my coworker's message once again.

I walked across the street to the 7-Eleven Store to buy a top-up card for my cellphone so that I could call my coworker. I stepped outside the store and there, on the corner of Kearney and Sutter, I called my co-worker.

And as I walked toward my doctor's clinic, I talked with my co-worker on the 'phone. He wanted me to "walk him through" the Cut, Copy and Paste functions of his computer. You see, yesterday, I wrote a letter to his Pilipina fiancee in the Philippines in the Cebuano language to convince her to fly here to San Francisco, her port of entry, instead of to Chicago where her "Evil Witch" employer will wait and see her Fiancee Visa jeopardized and cause her to be refused entry. I sent the letter ( along with its English translation ) off to my coworker's Facebook page because I didn't have his fiancee's e-mail address. And I told him to just Copy and Paste it to an e-mail that he'll send off to her. But he didn't know how to do it so he called me on my cellphone.

( I just learned how to Cut, Copy and Paste last year, after I've been using my computer for four years! Well, at least, I learned it strictly on my own. )

I've got about three more weekly appointments with this San Francisco doctor. I'm not really at liberty to divulge the nature of my medical appointments at this time. Maybe, someday ....

On my way to the theatre, I almost got hit by some asshole on a bicycle! Three cyclists crossed a red light on Market Street just as us pedestrians started to walk across. One of these days, I will carry a stick with me and push it through a bicycle's rear wheel if some asshole, idiot cyclist decides to cross on a red light in front of me. The last time I checked, cyclist must also obey the rules of the road AND GO WITH TRAFFIC!!! Why don't the cops do something about this rampant traffic hazard?

When I arrived at the theatre, I noticed a long line of people over on the right side of the main lobby. I went to a concessions counter clerk to ask about it. He said, rather curtly, that it was for an advanced screening for a movie. Which one, I asked. He didn't know. He told me to go to the ticket counter to find out what the 7:00 p.m. advanced screening was for.

The box office clerk at the ticket counter didn't know what the advanced screening was for. He seemed annoyed that I would ask him about it. I suppose the idiot wasn't the one who sold tickets to a whole bunch of movie-goers waiting in line to see an advanced screening.

I went to the ticket-taker and told her that I was just entering first to use the men's room then I was coming back out to buy something at the concessions counter. And I asked her what the advanced screening was for. She said that it was for the movie, LIFE OF PI. Finally! a movie clerk who knew what was going on.

At the concessions counter, I bought a $6.50 Lite Bite. It's kinda like an "upgrade" from a Kid's Pack, but with more popcorn and one's choice of Jamba Juice Trail Mix or Beef Jerky. But, the drink still comes in a small size; I made myself a Diet Coke/Coke Zero combo with one piece of  ice cube in it! And I didn't go to the curt clerk's register to pay for my purchase; I went to a female concessions clerk's register, instead.

On the train ride back to the El Cerrito Del Norte Bart Train Station, the gum area around my # 5 tooth was really inflamed. I was in "near-tears" pain! The Anbesol topical pain killer wasn't doing its job.

I will have to go to my periodontist tomorrow morning and have this problem tooth removed!


*

No comments:

Post a Comment