Monday, May 16, 2011

BRIDESMAIDS, R ( 2 hr & 5 min )


where:  EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX
when:  Sunday, May 15th, 2011
show:  10:10 p.m.
costs:  $11.00 Ticket + $6.00 small Popcorn + $4.75 small Diet Coke = $21.75
auditorium:  10
seat:  3rd row, 3rd seat

synopsis/overview:  Envy and jealousy rule the day as best friend Annie ( Kristen Wiig ), the maid of  honor,  helps the bride, Lillian ( Maya Rudolph ),  prepare for the  upcoming wedding.
 

noteworthy scenes:  1.) Different positions; 2.) The day after; 3.) Security gate; 4.) Fitness class at the park; 5.) At the deli; 6.) Closed for business; 7.) The "Eternal Face"; 8.) Tattoo; 9.) Engagement ring; 10.) Mom's house; 11.) Engagement party; 12.) The speeches; 13.) "Favor to me"; 14.) Pulled-over; 15.) Muffin; 16.) Tennis game; 17.) The talk with the roommates; 18.) Churra Chi Brazilian Restaurant; 19.) The bridal shop; 20.) "It happened ..."; 21.) "George Glass"; 22.) The liquor store; 23.) Radar gun; 24.) Airplane; 25.) Bus; 26.) At the pub; 27.) "Different kind of  fun"; 28.) Package; 29.) Arguing with a customer; 30.) Bridal shower; 31.) "You're no longer my # 3"; 32.) Megan's ( Melissa McCarthy ) story; 33.) The auto shop; 34.) The carrot cake; 35.) "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly"; 36.) Trying to get the cop's attention; 37.) Apartment; 38.) "Everything's gonna change"; 39.) The wedding dress; 40.) The wedding; 41.) "Loaded gun"; 42.) "Your ride's here"; 43.) "... ( W ) arrant for your arrest"; and 44.) Two Bonus Scenes during the Ending Credits.

favorite scenes: The bridal shop scene.

The airplane scene.

And every scene with a Close-Up shot of  Helen's ( Rose Byrne )   face!  ( Even the crying scene )


audience reaction:  The audience liked this movie a lot.  Although, surprisingly, nobody gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation:  I liked this movie, too.  This is the funniest Chick Flick that I've ever seen so far.  Go see this movie.

spoiler alert!   Actresses with small to medium size firm breasts should be made to go topless in sex scenes.  It is only the ones with big, stretch-marked saggy breasts who should be forced to wear a bra in sex scenes because such breasts tend to flop around and uncoordinatedly swing every which way--neither sexually-arousing nor a pretty sight to behold!  ( Not my cup of  bra--I mean, tea. )  Come on now, calling a group of  women "bitches" and getting away with it, really ...?  The cop ( Chris O'Dowd ) failed to see that her car also had a blown head gasket, what with all that white smoke coming out of  the tailpipe.  And the weather was not cold enough to produce that white smoke.  With a hot and sexy step-mom like that, I wouldn't be disrespecting her if  I were the older son who was at that  point in his life called, "the raging hormones years"--I'd have a spy-cam always at the ready ( i.y.k.w.i.m. = if you know what I mean--wink, wink.  Heh, heh, heh.  ), if  I were him!  The cop made her sit in the front seat when they chased a "lead foot".  The cop drank an alcoholic drink while still on duty.  Why didn't the butterfly asphyxiate?  Those bake pans look suspiciously new.  If  Lillian wanted to be left alone in her apartment, why was her door kept unlock? 

fyi:  The Sobriety Test in Steve Martin's movie, THE MAN WITH TWO BRAINS ( 1983 ), was a lot funnier.

I think the tradition of  having the bride's parents pay for the wedding should have an exemption clause in the case where said parents are not able to financially do so.  Why can't both sets of  parents just chip-in on it, instead?

Jill Clayburgh, who played Annie's mom,  died six months ago on November 5th.  This movie was her last one.  I was surprised to find out that there was no dedication made in her honor in the Ending Credits of  this movie.  I don't know whether it was a bad oversight or if  it was just too late to add it on.  But, either way, its absence was very conspicuous.

Years ago, I had a  1978 Honda Civic CVCC Hondamatic that had a blown head gasket ( Hondas have a notorious reputation for having  head gasket problems ).  One day, as I started-up my Honda, white smoke blew out of  its tailpipe just as this white woman was walking across the back of  my car on her way to her car in the parking lot.  She was obviously "steamed" ( hah! perfect word ) by it.  She followed me out of  the parking lot in her mini van.  Days later, I got a letter from the DMV's California Air Resources Board telling me that I was reported for driving a polluting car.  That bitch!

word of  advice:  When you go to work, leave your personal problems at  home.

tidbits:  I wanted to get the Nachos w/ Cheese to go along with my drink purchase.  But they were out of it.  So, I had to settle  for a popcorn.

Two employees were putting-up the Transformers movie promotional display in the main hallway.

And speaking of  movie promotional displays, the ones for THOR and KUNG-FU PANDA were vandalized.  Why do idiot kids do that?  Does it make them feel better, in some way, when they vandalize other people's property?  What kind of  idiot parents raised them in the first place?  I say, if  you cannot be counted on to raise your children properly and instill in them a good set of  moral values and social obligations, you got no business having children in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment