Friday, January 25, 2013

PARKER, R ( 1 hr & 58 min )



-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Thursday, January 24th, 2013
show:  10:15 p.m.
costs:  $10.50 Ticket + $4.50 1-litre Dasani Water = $15.00
auditorium:  3
seat:  3rd row ( from the front ), 6th column ( from the left )

synopsis/overview:  Parker ( Jason Statham ), a professional thief, is double-crossed by his own partners in crime and left for dead. He tracks them down to Palm Beach. There, with the help of Leslie ( Jennifer Lopez ), an unlikely accomplice, he exacts his revenge.

noteworthy scenes:  1.) Ohio State Fair; 2.) "Thank you, Father"; 3.) Double-cross; 4.) Hospital; 5.) Demerol; 6.) "It's not the size, it's how you use it"; 7.) "It's small but it hurts"; 8.) "He's not as independent as I thought"; 9.) "I always follow through"; 10.) "Plus, there's the posthumous humiliation of being killed by a chair"; 11.) "It's a condo, Ma"; 12.) "He's alive"; 13.) "We need five for the job. We can get by with four. We can't work with three"; 14.) "I'm the one who should be jealous: He called you first";15.) Intruder; 16.) Coffee shop; 17.) "I'm like Sweden"; 18.) Ecuador; 19.) "Keep going"; 20.) "It's the principle"; 21.) "I can't believe you just stole her  client"; 22.) "You can leave, Claire ( Emma Booth ). No one will blame you"; 23.) "Sold me the whole dream"; 24.) "I have other plans"; 25.) Background check; 26.) "Nice new carpet"; 27.) "If you're free, maybe we can go for a drink now"; 28.) "Less than two months old"; 29.) "Six months old"; 30.) "I can help you"; 31.) "Take off your clothes"; 32.) "Let's just stick to business"; 33.) "I never said that, Leslie. You did"; 34.) Auction venue; 35.) "I don't drink coffee after 7:00"; 36.) Fight; 37.) "It's sort of official"; 38.) Blood; 39.) "Dogs like me"; 40.) You-View Boca Raton video clip; 41.) "You're in no shape to do anything"; 42.) Diversion; 43.) "It's really happening"; 44.) Snooping around; 45.) "Go ahead"; 46.) "Most of them"; 47.) "I never had the chance, did I"; 48.) "It's not about the money"; 49.) "It's the mailman--'nothing but bills"; and 50.) "He was an angel sent here to test us."

favorite scene:  I liked the Bathroom Fight scene. It was well-choreographed.

audience reaction:  N/A. I was all by my lonesome self inside of the auditorium.

recommendation:  I liked this movie. Action Movie fans will surely like this movie.

spoiler alert! Didn't they get their fingerprints and/or their DNA all over those vehicles? Don't emergency vehicles all have LoJack by now? When Parker had the hospital orderly in a headlock, his wrist was too far back. When the garage door of the hide-out was opened, as his ex-partners were coming home, the car's alarm turned-on. I always thought that "take off you clothes" meant taking off every stitch of fabric from one's body--that teaser scene just put an eager smile on my face for nothing--damn ( and to think, I thought she was desperate )! Wouldn't it have been easier and quicker for the hired assassin to just use a gun with a silencer, instead? Why didn't Parker hear and feel the hired assassin charge at him from the back--did the bad guy take off his shoes first and then tippy-toe up to Parker for a sneak attack? How was he able to fight well despite all of his recent wounds and injuries? Shouldn't he have fainted for lack of sufficient blood? She put a pot of water on the coffee maker's heat plate instead of in its reservoir. You would think that she saw her own mom make coffee enough times to know better than to do that. How did all of those fireworks get stuffed inside the speakers? Am I to believe that those were multi-million dollar mansions without guard dogs and/or sophisticated security systems? Maybe the rich folks had all fallen on hard times and were forced to cut back on stuff. Were the packages insured for the full amount before they were sent off? Lastly, the Ending Credits list a "Hair Stylist" for Jason Statham--go figure ....

fyi:  Back in 1996, for Halloween, my place of employment was decorated with Halloween-related stuff. And hay bales were lined-up against the front wall. I looked at all the bales and noticed that there were cigarette butts littered all over the walkway. That can't be safe, I said to myself, It's a fire hazard. I called the local Fire Marshall and had him come over to inspect the hay bale display. It turned out that the bales were treated with a flame-retardant chemical. Just about everybody at work gave me a hard time about it.

The actor playing the part of a security guard sure looks like Shia LaBeouf. Ha, ha, ha. Maybe it is Shia, himself, working just bit-parts nowadays because he can't get major parts after he was dumped from the TRANSFORMERS franchise. ( And ... you read it here first---Natch! )

Seven or eight years ago, I was sent a considerable amount of cash in a fully-insured package via Fed-Ex. It sure was a weird feeling for me to receive cash in such a way! The money is all gone now, unfortunately. But I still get weirded-out to this day whenever I think about how it was sent to me.

word of advice:  Stick to the plan.

tidbits: If Jason Statham were a cat, he would be this bad and mean mouse-killer:

I found this somewhere on the Internet. I crack-up every time I look at this funny picture!!!
-

I took this picture a day after the supermarket's grand opening day. I was here last night, a Wednesday, on my way home from work to buy a frozen tray of lasagna for $5.00 and a tray of 8-pc. fried chicken for $3.99. I talked to a bakery clerk and to a cashier, and I found out that Food Maxx is a union store after all! So, I stand corrected on what I said in a previous post, the one on ZERO DARK THIRTY.
-

I went to the Goin' Postal here in Vallejo, on the corner of Tuolumne and Redwood streets, to pick-up my mail. And I took this picture of the Food Maxx just a few doors down from it.

Last night, a Wednesday, at work, something really hard to believe happened: I hurt my lower back when I used my right hand to adjust my pants at the back.

I didn't go to my Chiropractor today because I thought nothing much of my lower back pain.

And, at work today, I was able to work normally even though my back felt a little sore.

But when the movie ended, as I pushed myself up off my seat with both hands, my back hurt badly. If I were a stallion at a stud farm, I'd probably be shot dead because of it! Thank God that I'm not a horse.

I will have to go to my Chiropractor first thing in the morning to see about this pain.

*

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can make cash by locking premium areas of your blog or site?
    To start you need to join AdWorkMedia and add their content locking plugin.

    ReplyDelete