Tuesday, January 29, 2013

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, R ( 2 hr & 2 min )

-

I went to see this today, Tuesday, January 29th, 2013, in Fairfield, CA, at the EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX for the 1:00 p.m. show in auditorium 1, 3rd row ( counting from the front ), 9th column ( counting from the left ).

Quickie Review: Patrick ( Bradley Cooper ) loses his job, his wife and his house when he is forced to spend eight months in a state institution on a plea bargain deal because of his violent reaction to a personal matter. After his release, he moves back in with his parents who only want the best for him and want to have some quality time with him by sharing in their passion for their hometown team, the Philadelphia Eagles football team. And along comes Tiffany ( Jennifer Lawrence ), a broken soul fresh from a personal tragedy and a downward spiral into a state of no self-worth. Pat and Tiff make a deal to help each other out. And they come to realize that "every dark cloud has a silver lining."

They audience liked it. But it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this movie, too. Go see this if you're into Love Story Movies.

I liked the Metallica Metal Death scene.

I liked the Juju Explanation scene.

I liked the Ballroom Dance scene.

Here's what I found wrong in this movie:  They spent an inordinate amount of time in the middle of the street in several scenes yet not one car came driving by!

***************************************************

I didn't want to see this movie at first because it's a Chick Flick. But I visited my other sister, the one who lives here in Fairfield, CA, last Sunday; and she told me to go see this movie.

In the parking lot of the theatre, some woman parked in the Handicap Zone. Yep, she had her Handicap Decal on, but from the way she ran toward the theatre, she looked like there was nothing wrong with her at all. She even wore a track suit and a pair of jogging shoes!!! The nerve of her ....

This movie is not in my world-famous standard format because I decided to just "popcorn" it. You know, just sit back with a bag of popcorn and a drink, and just totally enjoy the movie from an average Joe's perspective.

But as soon as the movie got "into it", it was already too late for me to start taking some serious notes--I had a medium sized popcorn with butter which took me a long time to finish eating.

After the movie, I noticed something quite odd outside of the theatre in the area below the marquee: No pigeon poop at all--not even one drop! It can only mean one of three things: The management had some employees clean-up the poop, they used some kind of deterrent or they shot all of the damn, stupid poop-happy birds!!!

*


No comments:

Post a Comment