Friday, January 4, 2013

TEXAS CHAINSAW in 3-D, R ( 1 hr & 32 min )

-

I went to see this today, Friday, January 4th, 2013, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO for the 3:45 p.m. show in auditorium 10, 4th row ( from the front ), 10th column ( from the left ).

Quickie Review:  An only child finds out that she's adopted when a letter arrives informing her of the recent death of her maternal grandmother. When she, along with some friends, goes back to Texas to claim her inheritance, she learns of her family's long-kept deep, dark and deadly secret.

There were just a few people with me in the auditorium. And a couple of guys weren't too interested in what was going on on-screen because the assholes talked to each other throughout the movie. And one idiot asshole in particular was commenting on the unfolding scenes! Why, was his companion blind?

I didn't like this movie that much. I swear, nude scenes would have made this movie better than it is! I mean, that usually is the cardinal rule of making an R-rated B-grade movie: Lots of T & A. There are some sexual teasing going on, but it doesn't get any hotter than that. Wait for this to come out as a rental.

If you must go see this movie, wait until after the Ending Credits for a Bonus Scene. And don't bother seeing this in 3-D.

Here are some things that I found wrong in this movie: The dining table place setting was arranged for what party and/or occasion? If the grandmother was buried, whose corpse was that? And wouldn't they have smelled the corpse's stench? If he was locked in the cellar room, who fed him all of that time in the absence of his caretaker? If he was locked-up, how did he gain access to the bathroom since there wasn't one in his room? If you're gonna shoot someone standing outside of your door, look first at where his feet's shadows are at to get an approximate location of your target's body's center-line. There isn't enough blood in the human body for it to leave a long, bloody trail like that! That person should have suffocated to death after being kept in that freezer box for even just a few minutes--or died of hypothermia! But it looked like the freezer box had no lock on it so that the person inside of it could just have easily gotten out. Duh .... The slaughterhouse was located in the outskirt of town. So, how was he able to walk the distance and arrive there before the sheriff did?

******************************************************

I went to Chase Bank on the corner of Tuolumne and Redwood streets here in Vallejo, first thing this morning, to make a deposit into my checking account.

Then, I went to the Admiral Callaghan Lane Safeway to pick-up my prescription.

I, then, went to the MacDonald's Restaurant at the Target Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane to have breakfast, and to check on my e-mail, my Facebook page, and my blog's stats. And I proof-read ( as best I could ) my blog on LES MISERABLES.

And I drove to Selecta Pilipino Buffet on Springs Road to have a late lunch. The proprietor and I got into talking about his days back in the Navy during the '80s after I mentioned a Philippine newspaper's headline about how China is bullying its neighbors. He hinted at "classified top-secret" weapons of mass destruction in the US Navy's arsenal that could have easily destroyed any bellicose/belligerent country in the world! We're talking about war technology and war weaponry from thirty years ago! And we're talking about just one branch of the US Armed Forces here, folks!! And these weapons are considered obsolete by today's US Military Standards! How scary is that?!?!?! I think that I'm gonna have nightmares tonight! Those "bad guy" countries would immediately stop taunting the US if only their leaders know what I now know!!!

The box office clerk gave me a Collector's Edition 3-D Glasses. I promptly went back to my car to get my spare pair of 3-D glasses so that I could keep the collector's edition as a souvenir.

After the movie, I went a few doors down to Michael's, an arts and crafts store. I mentioned a long time ago that I was once a Charcoal Portrait artist--and a darn good one at that, too! I'm thinking about getting back into it. So, I bought an art tracer projector for $32.58 ( it's faster than drawing a subject freestyle ) because the one I had was stolen when someone broke into my storage unit about 15 years ago.

I still need to buy other art supplies, though: Charcoal pencils, blending stumps, kneadable erasers, sanding block, chamois, portrait-grade paper, easel, eraser shield, sharpener and fixative spray--that about covers it, I think. Now, I just need to save-up between $200 and $350 to pay for all of it. ( Ahh ... it sure ain't fun being a "starving artist"! )

I just found out that they have colored charcoal pencils now. I gotta try them someday!

Then, I went to the Starbucks Coffee Shop at the opposite end of the Target Shopping Center parking lot from the MacDonald's Restaurant to blog about this movie.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment