Thursday, January 31, 2013

MOVIE 43, R ( 1 hr & 34 min )

-

where:  CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when:  Wednesday, January 30th, 2013
show:  11:25 a.m. ( Extra-Dollar Off First Show Matinee )
costs:  $6.50 Ticket + $3.75 20.0 oz Dasani Water = $10.25
auditorium:  13
seat:  7th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left )

synopsis/overview:  A desperate wannabe movie scriptwriter pitches his movie idea, a series of vignettes, to a reluctant Hollywood studio producer.

noteworthy scenes:  1.) Movie pitch; 2.) Testicular Sac; 3.) Stutter; 4.) Chilly; 5.) Posing for a picture; 6.) Forehead kiss; 7.) Home schooled; 8.) Emotional scars; 9.) First kiss; 10.) Date; 11.) Poop; 12.) Mexican food; 13.) Accident; 14.) "My film pushes the edge of the envelope"; 15.) "I'm not being cryptic here"; 16.) P.A. system; 17.) i-Babe 1; 18.) Speed dating; 19.) Vending machines; 20.) The vent; 21.) i-Babe 2; 22.) Period; 23.) Tampax commercial; 24.) "This century's HOWARD, THE DUCK"; 25.) Leprechaun; 26.) Fairy; 27.) Studio parking lot confrontation; 28.) Truth or Dare; 29.) Studio shoot; 30.) Basketball game; 31.)Jealous cat; and 32.) Children's outdoor party.

favorite vignettes:  I liked The Testicular Sac vignette

I liked the i-Babe 1 vignette

I liked the i-Babe 2 vignette

I liked the Truth Or Dare vignette

and I liked the Basketball vignette.

audience reaction:  There was an old gentleman in the auditorium with me, the only other person in the audience beside myself. He sat in the 5th row. At first, he enjoyed the movie, it seemed. Then, he got up and left, never to return again.

recommendation:  I liked some of the vignettes in this movie.  But some other vignettes really "pushed the envelope" in the Decency and Morality Department.  This movie is geared toward the Teen and Pre-teen Demographics.

spoiler alert!  For the better part, this movie's vignettes are stupid, gross, vulgar, repulsive, improbable and preposterous! The humor is juvenile and highly UNREFINED.

fyi:  In the Testicular Sac vignette, you will notice on the wall next to the Maitre d' a charcoal portrait of a man. As a charcoal portrait artist, myself, that portrait was very substandard in quality to my highly-trained and discerning eye. In charcoal portraiture, the artist only has a specific medium: Black Charcoal. If an artist doesn't have the skill and/or wherewithal to express on paper the subtle nuances of a charcoal's variegated spectrum, such an artist should switch to a different medium or try mixed media, instead!

Years ago, back when I dated an Iranian-Jew college classmate, I had a "Jealous Cat" experience when I took my date home to watch TV with me. As we sat in the living room watching TV, my orange tabby Manx cat, Winky, jumped on the couch--'totally ignored my date--and walked across my date's lap and wedged himself between me and my date. And he reached up and licked my lips--a cat-style French Kiss! Ha, ha, ha.

word of advice:  Know the boundaries of common decency.

tidbits:  I went to see this after I got off from work. It was my first day back to work after I hurt my back. I was on "work-modified" duty and only worked half a day.

After the movie, I went to my Chiropractor for a spinal adjustment. I will have to see him again on Friday.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment