Saturday, January 19, 2013

THE LAST STAND, R ( 1 hr & 46 min )

-

where:  CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when:  Thursday, January 17th, 2012
show:  10:30 p.m.
costs:  $10.50 Ticket + $4.50 1-litre Dasani Water = $15.00
auditorium:  10
seat:  4th row ( from the front ), 8ht column ( from the left )

synopsis/overview:  An L. A. narcotics cop moves to a small border town in Arizona, where life is laid-back and where crime is all but nonexistent. But all that changes when a notorious drug kingpin, Gabriel Cortez ( Manuel Noriega ), escapes from an FBI prison convoy and makes a run for it in a souped-up Corvette ZR-1. Only Sheriff  "how-he-got-his-thick-German-accent-I-don't-know" Owens ( Arnold Schwarzenegger ) and his ragtag posse stand between him and freedom.

noteworthy scenes:  1.) One hundred ninety-seven mph; 2.) "I'm undercover"; 3.) Diner; 4.) Target shooting; 5.) Farmer; 6.) "Could you show me how to run these plates"; 7.) Job transfer request; 8.) Prisoner; 9.) Rooftop; 10.) Decoys; 11.) "Put the gun down"; 12.) Interrogation; 13.) Milk; 14.) "Psychopath in a batmobile"; 15.) Checkpoint; 16.) Pro track racer; 17.) Roadblock; 18.) Farmer's house; 19.) "We just lost visual"; 20.) "This is no coincidence"; 21.) Construction site shoot-out; 22.) Night scope; 23.) Mobile assault bridge; 24.) SWAT SUV; 25.) "Looks like you're a little short-handed"; 26.) "Cortez has somebody on the inside"; 27.) "I've seen enough blood and death. I know what's coming"; 28.) "Two conditions"; 29.) "'You think you're fighting in the Crusade"; 30.) "Do you have a stupid name for all your sh-t"; 31.) Light post; 32.) The Sheriff's background; 33.) School bus; 34.) "How are you, Sheriff"; 35.) Rooftop jump; 36.) "Does this mean I'm forgiven"; 37.) Ear; 38.) 'Phone call; 39.) Dropped-off; 40.) Cornfield; 41.) "You f-cked-up my day off"; 42.) Game on; 43.) "Looks like you're both in luck"; 44.) "Swiss bank accounts are not as secret as they used to  be"; 45.) "Keep it. You've earned it"; and 46.) "Next time, don't park it in the fire zone."

I liked the Flare Gun scene.

And I liked the No Trespassing scene.

audience reaction:  The audience enjoyed this movie. But it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation:  I liked this movie. This Action Movie should be a fun watch for you Arnold fans out there.

spoiler alert!  The "bad guy" on the magnet was a female which you won't see anymore in later scenes! The FBI didn't suspect anything about those three cables running parallel to each other from the top of one building to the top of the next building. A stock Corvette ZR1 with a 638 hp engine has an 18 gallon fuel tank, and an average fuel consumption of 18 mpg; and the distance from Las Vegas, Nevada, to the Mexican Border is 350 miles. So, on a full tank of gas, and driven at an averaged freeway speed, a stock Corvette ZR1 will only have a range of 324 miles, at the most. But, bear in mind, he was driving a souped-up version of a Corvette ZR1 with a 1,000 hp engine which would obviously have a higher fuel consumption than a stock 638 hp engine. In other words, since he was never seen stopping for gas along the way, his Corvette ZR1 would have ran out of gas long before he would have reached the border town in it!!! Ha, ha, ha---Snort! A stock Corvette ZR1 has a maximum speed of 205 mph but the souped-up ZR1 that Cortez was driving could only go 197 mph. Am I missing something here ...? Oh, I know .... The reason why it could only attain 197 mph was because Cortez was just following the engine manufacturer's recommendation to not exceed 200 mph during the "break-in" period! Ha, ha, ha. When he turned-off his Corvette's headlights and taillights, the police helicopter would have still been able to track him by simply scanning the darkened highway with its spotlight until it would spot the telltale sign of the car's rear LIGHT REFLECTORS!!! How come neither cop in the police helicopter had a gun to shoot the bad guy with? Why was there only one police helicopter and just a few police cars involved in the chase? Okay, he's a rich drug kingpin, but he could only afford a cheap cellphone--and one without a voice-command/Bluetooth feature! And doesn't he know that the faster you drive a car, the more you should pay attention to what's in front of you instead of talking on your damn cellphone? Ha, ha, ha. How come nobody saw the bad guys making the bridge, a structure which would have required the use of heavy machinery and the employment of a road construction crew? That girl with the milk in hand sure was stupid and clueless! Wait! was she blonde? If you get hit in the shoulder with a .50 caliber bullet ( which is half an inch in diameter ), you'd most likely lose the arm attached to it! Duh ....  Instead of attacking the Sheriff's legs, he should have used his dagger to strike at the Sheriff's hands--rendering the Sheriff unable to fight. Why didn't the FBI agents come across the woman on their way to the border town since both parties were headed in the same direction? Why didn't any paramedic bandage the wounded shoulder?

Hollywood really needs my services as Cine-Man, Technical Adviser!!!

fyi: And speaking of cheap ( by cheap, I mean affordable not inferior quality ) cellphones, I lost my Virgin Mobile cellphone a few days ago. It probably fell off because its holster's belt clip somehow got detached from my belt. I retraced my steps but none of the businesses that I was at on the day I lost my cellphone had found it.

So, I just bought myself a new and different one: A Tracfone. My Tracfone is way better than my five-year old ( ? ) Virgin Mobile 'phone. I couldn't call anybody in any other country on my old cellphone; but I can call people in over 100 countries on my new one--one of the exceptions is the Philippines ( I don't know why ). My new one takes better pictures. Plus, it is voice-command-, Bluetooth- and mp3- capable, but I really don't need any fancy doodads on my cellphone--I just want it to send and receive 'phone calls and text messages, and be able to take pictures, that's all.

Upon activation of my new cellphone, I got "double minutes" of airtime. Not only that, but my Tracfone comes with a monthly promotional offer wherein I can add a little more than "double minutes" of airtime each month for the whole year! If I take advantage of this promotional offer each and every month, by the end of the year I'll probably have enough airtime for the next three years--sweet!

I also bought a small camera bag for it, the kind with a belt loop so that it won't fall down from my belt. I also did a little improvisation using some elastic hair bands chain-looped together to attach my new cellphone to the camera bag.

Gee-whiz, 197 mph! That's w-a-y fast!!! I've never driven a car faster than 90 mph. Maybe, I should go to Germany and try its Autobahn in a fast car. Heh, heh, heh ....

word of advice:  Don't underestimate your enemy.

tidbits:  I went to the men's room before the movie started so that I could empty my bladder and have an uninterrupted time watching the movie. I was gonna use the first toilet stall. But some idiot lowlife had defecated all over the toilet seat! Not only that, but said idiot lowlife also dumped a whole bunch of toilet seat liners into the bowl before he emptied his bowels into it!! What a lowlife!!! Somebody would have to MANUALLY clean-up that mess--and it wouldn't be funny! I just felt sorry for whoever had to clean that up.

Maybe, as a Yogi, I can put a curse on the idiot lowlife, whoever he is. Yes, that's it. I'll put a curse on him and teach him a lesson he won't soon forget: One day, sooner or later, in a crowded room, the idiot lowlife will have a sudden, unexpected EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA while wearing a light-colored pair of pants!!! Bwahahahaha--Snort!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment