Wednesday, November 1, 2023

INSPECTOR SUN/FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S/

Today, Tuesday, October 31st πŸŽƒ, 2023, I went to Regal Edwards' Fairfield & I-Max, in Fairfield, CA, to see 4 movies. The price of admission for each one is $5.00, since it's Bargain Tuesday All Day. I also bought a big tub of $5.oo Popcorn 🍿.  

NOTE: The seats' assignments don't correspond to the seats which I reserved because they changed the auditoriums without updating the specifics of each one! 

1st movie:

PG, 1 hr & 28 min

Auditorium 16, C-10

This is an entertaining movie for kids. The detective is an animated version of Pink Panther's Inspector Clouseau and Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot. A homage, perhaps, to 2 of the Big Screen's 3 famous detectives; the 3rd one being Sherlock Holmes ( does Batman count as # 4? πŸ€” ). In this whodunnit, someone famous is killed and all eyes are on his new wife, a Black Widow whose 12 previous husbands all died of something or other. And she's the prime suspect. Is it a "Case Closed" investigation or not ....? 

There is a funny scene about the food that they are being served for dinner while on the flight, especially the one being served to the flight captain. 

2nd Movie:

PG-13, 1 hr & 50 min

Auditorium 5, C-11

A security guard is haunted by a recurring dream from a traumatic experience that happened when he was just 12 years of age. A child serial abducter/killer is still on the loose, unbeknownst to the troubled young man who's the sole provider of a young sister who has some learning difficulties. Ghosts start to haunt his dreams and he is more determined to get to the root of it all if it will help him find some closure. 

Here are some things wrong about this movie. Why do the vending machines still have lots of coins in them even though the pizzeria has been closed for many years? Okay, those are prescription sleeping pills; you cannot just walk in to a pharmacy and get refills on it if it isn't yet time for you to get a refill because such a drug is a controlled substance. He could just have gotten some OTC sleeping pills and increased the dosage. πŸ˜•  When the pizzeria isn't thoroughly investigated after the break-in, you know that something's not quite right. You would think that the ghosts would be more emphatic .... 

After the movie was over, I asked the clean-up staff when they'll have all 16 auditoriums get seats like auditorium 5's new seats. I was told that they are waiting for corporate to approve them for seat renovations. And one of them told me that the seats are 35 years old ( 25, actually ). I added, I know. I was here the first day when they opened this theatre. But, truth be told, theatres in general are eclipsing. This theatre in particular has 3 Concessions Counters but they're just only using the central one now, and it also doubles as the Box Office, too! This place used to always be packed with movie goers and there would always be long lines to buy tickets on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and on Bargain Tuesdays. I feel that they are past their heyday with many video streaming apps to choose from and "pandemic" mania still wreaking havoc on the economy and on social activities. But drive-in theatres might be coming back .... 🀞🏼

I still remember that particular evening back in 1998 or 1999 when this multiplex theatre had its grand opening. They were showing the latest Star Wars movie. And I still remember the auditorium and the exact seat where I sat! I guess that my brain 🧠 is still good at remembering things ....  πŸ‘΄πŸΌ πŸ™‚

3rd Movie:

R, 1 hr & 49 min

Auditorium 14, B-8

A disillusioned Spec Ops soldier retires to a mundane world of wife, child and profession. But his best friend, who's now doing contract services, talks him into doing a security detail gig for a news reporter. But the assignment leads him to the man that he believes is responsible for the deaths of his comrades. The more time that he spends with his target, the more he realizes that things are not as simple as they seem.

Aside from the countless sprays of bullets that don't seem to hit their targets, the ATS ( or ATG ) missiles that hit the rocky riverbed but don't scatter projectile rocks at the 2 targets, and the time zone anomaly between the US and Paldonia, this movie is enjoyable to watch. It's definitely a "Popcorn 🍿" movie. Which is what I found myself doing as I watched this movie, enjoying my big tub of 🍿!

The Ending Credits has some Bonus Scenes! I laughed at the 5-second rule!! Heck, I wouldn't even do a 1-second rule!!! 🀣🀣🀣

4th Movie:


PG-13, 1hr & 50 min
Auditorium 6, C-10

This movie is a documentary on people who had Near Death Experiences, i.e. NDEs. 

I can relate to the Korean man who tried to kill himself with a knife. About 40 years ago ( in '81 or in '82 ), at a very low point in my life, I had a Chef's Knife πŸ”ͺ aimed at my stomach! As I held it, one angry male voice in my head was goading me to end my life! But another male voice told me that only cowards would commit suicide; that I should face head-on the challenges of Life come what may. With tears in my eyes, I dropped the knife onto the kitchen floor.

When I had my Open Heart Triple Bypass ( CABG ) in May of 2022, I was hoping to experience an OOBE ( Out Of Body Experience ). But, no such luck. πŸ‘ŽπŸ» My surgery, however, was not without miracles. First off, the Cardiologist found out that I had 3 Coronary Arteries that were 99% blocked EACH❗ People have died of Heart Attacks with lesser blockages❗ A nurse, upon seeing my medical records, was shocked to find out that I walked up and down 2 hills to get to the hospital for my Catheter Angiogram❗ He said that I should have been wheeled-in via an ambulance πŸš‘! The night before my surgery, I stayed at my sister's place so that she could drive me to the Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco early the following day for my surgery. I couldn't sleep at all because throughout the night the front doorbell would ring; and with each passing hour, the ringing intervals would get shorter and shorter❗ My sister later told me that the doorbell didn't act-up after that night. When I got out of surgery, I felt no pain at all❗ Unlike my younger brother who had the same surgery done at the same hospital and by the same heart surgeon 2½ years prior to mine! My brother said that he was in so much pain and could barely walk for 3 weeks. But in my case, the physical therapist and the nurses would always remind me to slow down whenever they'd assist me in my walks around the hallways❗ At one point, a nurse asked me how well I could ambulate. I told her that I could tap dance if she wanted me to❗ After 6 days at the hospital, I was released and recuperated at my brother's place. The following day, when he and I walked around his neighborhood, I slipped and fell on the muddy & slippery sidewalk But My Grafted Veins Did Not Detach❗ Too bad because I wanted to sue my brother's irresponsible neighbor for not fixing his sprinkler system! πŸ€‘ When my sister found out about the accident, she wasted no time in calling me on the phone to chew me out! 

I think that God is watching over me. πŸ˜‡ But for whatever reason, I still don't know .... Only time can tell. I did, however, have a prophetic dream about 20 years ago that may happen in my lifetime, about me and a particular Calling ....  πŸ™πŸ»

As a reminder, if you live in the USA, please take some time to check-out my friend Soberund Goode's on-line store @ www.soberundgoodes.com

Thank You .... 

-
-
For Halloween πŸŽƒ, I used some Snickers Shakers Seasoning Blend ( that I bought at a Dollar Tree Store ) on my Buttered Popcorn. It was delicious! πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜‹πŸ‘ And I used a Wyler's Island Punch Purple 🟣 Berry 🫐 Wave powdered mix in my Aquafina water. Should I try McCormick Bac'n Pieces next time? 

*

No comments:

Post a Comment