Sunday, October 16, 2011

FOOTLOOSE, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 53 min )


Quickie Review:  After the death of his mother, a teen moves-in with his uncle's family in small town Bomont, Georgia, where underage dancing is outlawed by the local minister.

I liked it enough, so did the audience.  I especially liked the Line Dance scene.

Here's what I didn't like about this movie:  The teen made the argument for Dancing by quoting Psalm 149:3 and Samuel 6:14 in the Old Testament of the Bible.  But ... a closer look at either quoted passage will show that each dance was performed before God and  was  meant  for God only!  It had nothing to do with lewd, lascivious "mating ritual" dance performed by fornicators and adulterers ( Remember, fornicators and adulterers were stoned to death in Old Testament times! ).  So, I don't know why the minister failed to bring up this argument.  Hollywood should consult with Cine-Man, first,  on matters involving Bible passages next time!

*************************

There was a time in the-not-so-distant-past of my life when I would simply refuse to dance with others before a stage where a rock band was playing because it felt to me like I would be participating in "Devil worship" as a result!

No comments:

Post a Comment