Friday, October 28, 2011

PUSS IN BOOTS I-MAX 3-D, PG ( 1 hr & 30 min )



where:  EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when:  Friday, October 28ht, 2011
show:  12:00 p.m.
costs:  $17.50 Ticket + $5.25 Zap Pack = $22.75
auditorium:  12
seat:  4th row, 6th seat

synopsis/overview:  Goosezilla is coming!

Long before he met Shrek, Puss in Boots was the local town hero until he was wrongly-accused of stealing from the local bank.

Now an outcast, he comes face to face with the ex-friend who used him, Humpty Dumpty.   Reluctantly, Puss in Boots agrees to help his former friend to steal a Goose that lays Golden Eggs, if only to compensate his old town's bank and restore honor to his name.  But before that can happen, they have to steal Jack and Jill's Magic Beans with the help of the best cat burglar in the world, Kitty Soft Paws.


noteworthy scenes:  1.) "You can't run forever"; 2.) Bar; 3.) "No baby muffins"; 4.) "You snap me"; 5.) Dance fight; 6.) "I smell something familiar"; 7.) "It ain't Over-Easy"; 8.) Distraction; 9.) The orphanage years; 10.) Second chance; 11.) Style advice; 12.) No claws; 13.) Bridge; 14.)  "You're better"; 15.) "Cat people are crazy"; 16.) The beanstalk; 17.) Funny voices; 18.) Castle; 19.) Golden suit; 20.) "I need powder"; 21.) Egg paradise; 22.) River; 23.) Parachute; 24.) "He looks just like you"; 25.) "Our cue"; 26.) Celebratory dance; 27.) Interlopers; 28.) Tumbleweed; 29.) Surprise; 30.) Revenge; 31.) "Not you, too"; 32.) "It's for my glaucoma"; 33.) "Out for blood"; 34.) Escape; 35.) Weather report; 36.) "Prove to me that there is still a good egg in you"; 37.) Mother goose; 38.) "Nice boots"; 39.) Hanging for dear life; 40.) "San Ricardo's greatest hero"; 41.) "She's a bad kitty"; 42.) "I am Puss in Boots"; 43.) Glitter Box; and 44.) "Ooh ...."

audience reaction:  The audience liked this.  But it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation:  I liked this movie, too.  It's a movie to take your little brats to.  Go see it in regular 3-D, at least, if possible.


spoiler alert!  Actually, when a cat licks up any liquid, it must curl its tongue downwards first in order for it to scoop-up the liquid.  I thought that Humpty Dumpty couldn't get up by himself, but he was able to get up all by himself in one scene.  They were out in the desert when the storm hit; but Humpty Dumpty never covered his eyes.  I think that there was a bad scene edit when they were floating in the river under the Giant's Castle; but it happened too quickly while I was scribbling notes in the dark and adjusting my I-Max 3-D glasses for me to pay any close attention to this particular scene.


fyi:  There are places in the world were declawing a cat is considered barbaric.  Apparently, the good ol' USA isn't one of them because my family took-in a part-Siamese stray female cat that was declawed.  I named her, Nicky, because it was around Christmas time that she came meowing at our front door.

The funny thing about Nicky was that she would suck on her hind paw to get herself to sleep.  A local veterinarian said that she probably was given away as a kitten before she was fully weaned.  Oh, and she looked like a young Barbra Streisand!  L.O.L.

Puss in Boots said that Cat People are crazy.  There's actually some truth to that.  And the cause of the eccentricity has to do with a mild microbial "infection" from  a certain parasite that cats have.  It has been so many years since I studied Microbiology so I don't really remember which one it is, or its mode of transmission and/or the severity/duration  of the condition/infection.

I'm a cat person, so you know what that means ....

word of advice:  Be a trust-worthy friend.

tidbits:  I was gonna go see IN TIME first.  But I didn't get to this theatre in time for the 11:10 a.m. show!  I got to the theatre nine minutes after the movie had already started, not counting the Previews.

I whiled the time away by calling my friend, Hector, on my cellphone to ask him about the "Occupy Oakland" protesters who were rough-handled by the police a day or two ago.


Special Announcement:  I would like to take this time to say, Thank You and Welcome, to my readers in:


Uganda


Thank you, once again.  Please keep on reading my weekly updates.  And don't forget to tell all of your friends, and every one else who you know, about my movie review blogsite.


P.S.  It's good to know that I'm seeing hits from Russia again.  For a while there, I thought my movie review blogs were banned in Russia because my blogsite's All-Time ( most ) Page-Views by Countries doesn't include Russia anymore.

And speaking of Page-Views by Countries,  I now have a total of 117 countries on my readership list!  Quite an accomplishment, I must say.  I think I'll celebrate by seeing more movies--goes without saying ....

No comments:

Post a Comment