Tuesday, October 4, 2011

WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER? R ( 1 hr & 46 min )


Quickie Review:  With her "biological clock" ticking away, a woman hires her across-the-hall neighbor to help her narrow down her previous lovers to The One who's  "marriage-material" for her.

As much as I like Anna Faris, I hate to say that I didn't like this movie at all.  And I didn't hear any sound of approval/enjoyment from the couple and the set of "double-date" couples in the auditorium with me.  Maybe, if  there were more people in the audience ....

Here are the things that I found  wrong  about  this movie:  She could have tracked her ex-lovers down using her computer's White Pages and/or FaceBook.  The subject matter of this movie and the  topic of discussions were tacky to me.  Of course, I can be a bit of a prude at times; but that's just the way I am.  Towel-Boy neighbor had a "thing" for her all along, obviously.  Is it just me or does Hollywood still emasculate and/or make effeminate the Black Man?

"What! you had sex with 300 partners?  Boy, have I got a lot of catching-up to do then!  I'd better get started on it right away.  After all, fair's fair.  Right ...?"

No comments:

Post a Comment