Sunday, January 7, 2024

FREELANCE/AFTER DEATH

I originally saw these 2 movies on October 31st, 2023, along with the headliner, INSPECTOR SUN and the FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S. Because of their respective contents, I don't think that the "moderator" allowed access to these 2 because they've been deleted from the post's title. So, here they are again:

-

R, 1h & 49m

Auditorium 14, B-8

A disillusioned Spec Ops soldier retires to a mundane world of wife, child and profession. But his best friend, who's now doing contract services, talks him into doing a security detail gig for a news reporter. But the assignment leads him to the man that he believes is responsible for the deaths of his comrades. The more time that he spends with his target, the more he realizes that things are not as simple as they seem.

Aside from the countless sprays of bullets that don't seem to hit their targets, the ATS ( or ATG ) missiles that hit the rocky riverbed but don't scatter projectile rocks at the 2 targets, and the time zone anomaly between the US and Paldonia, this movie is enjoyable to watch. It's definitely a "Popcorn 🍿" movie. Which is what I found myself doing as I watched this movie, enjoying my big tub of 🍿!

The Ending Credits has some Bonus Scenes! I laughed at the 5-second rule!! Heck, I wouldn't even do a 1-second rule!!! 🀣🀣🀣

2nd Movie:


PG-13, 1hr & 50 min
Auditorium 6, C-10

This movie is a documentary on people who had Near Death Experiences, i.e. NDEs. 

I can relate to the Korean man who tried to kill himself with a knife. About 40 years ago ( in '81 or in '82 ), at a very low point in my life, I had a Chef's Knife πŸ”ͺ aimed at my stomach! As I held it, one angry male voice in my head was goading me to end my life! But another male voice told me that only cowards would commit suicide; that I should face head-on the challenges of Life come what may. With tears in my eyes, I dropped the knife onto the kitchen floor.

When I had my Open Heart Triple Bypass ( CABG ) in May of 2022, I was hoping to experience an OOBE ( Out Of Body Experience ). But, no such luck. πŸ‘ŽπŸ» My surgery, however, was not without miracles. First off, the Cardiologist found out that I had 3 Coronary Arteries that were 99% blocked EACH❗ People have died of Heart Attacks with lesser blockages❗ A nurse, upon seeing my medical records, was shocked to find out that I walked up and down 2 hills to get to the hospital for my Catheter Angiogram❗ He said that I should have been wheeled-in via an ambulance πŸš‘! The night before my surgery, I stayed at my sister's place so that she could drive me to the Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco early the following day for my surgery. I couldn't sleep at all because throughout the night the front doorbell would ring; and with each passing hour, the ringing intervals would get shorter and shorter❗ My sister later told me that the doorbell didn't act-up after that night. When I got out of surgery, I felt no pain at all❗ Unlike my younger brother who had the same surgery done at the same hospital and by the same heart surgeon 2½ years prior to mine! My brother said that he was in so much pain and could barely walk for 3 weeks. But in my case, the physical therapist and the nurses would always remind me to slow down whenever they'd assist me in my walks around the hallways❗ At one point, a nurse asked me how well I could ambulate. I told her that I could tap dance if she wanted me to❗ After 6 days at the hospital, I was released and recuperated at my brother's place. The following day, when he and I walked around his neighborhood, I slipped and fell on the muddy & slippery sidewalk But My Grafted Veins Did Not Detach❗ Too bad because I wanted to sue my brother's irresponsible neighbor for not fixing his sprinkler system! πŸ€‘ When my sister found out about the accident, she wasted no time in calling me on the phone to chew me out! 

I think that God is watching over me. πŸ˜‡ But for whatever reason, I still don't know .... Only time can tell. I did, however, have a prophetic dream about 20 years ago that may happen in my lifetime, about me and a particular Calling ....  πŸ™πŸ»

As a reminder, if you live in the USA or in Canada, please take some time to check-out my friend Soberund Goode's on-line store @ www.soberundgoodes.com

Thank You .... 

-

-

For Halloween πŸŽƒ, I used some Snickers Shakers Seasoning Blend ( that I bought at a Dollar Tree Store ) on my Buttered Popcorn. It was delicious! πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜‹πŸ‘ And I used a Wyler's Island Punch Purple 🟣 Berry 🫐 Wave powdered mix in my Aquafina water. Should I try McCormick Bac'n Pieces next time? 

*

No comments:

Post a Comment