Wednesday, January 17, 2024

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I went to see this tonight, a Bargain All Day Tuesday at the Century Hilltop 16 in Richmond, CA. The price of admission was $6.25. And I got a medium zero sugar Peace Lemon Tea for $5.70 at the concessions counter.

One fateful Christmas Eve, two strangers meet. And a web 🕸️ of deception and tragedy unfolds. 

-

Rated R(?), 2 h & 24 m
Auditorium 3, B-7

I snuck-in a little over a cup's worth of
this Indian snack mix to enjoy with
the movie. It's low in Carbs and
in Sodium. The Fat is only
at 10% and the kCal
is only 170. I'm 
eating it for
the Fiber
at 14%.
😋
What better way to enjoy a Bollywood or
Kollywood movie than to munch on
such a delicious & spicy snack?
🤤

This noir film thickens during the 2nd half. It is a well done film. Especially with its meticulous attention to detail. BUT ... they made a mistake in one particular scene: The shell casing which was extracted from the revolver had a crimped edge, suggesting that it was a prop gun which uses blanks. Granted, if you were to shoot someone with a blank bullet at pointblank range, your target would still sustain some serious or even life-threatening injury. And I don't think that the abusive husband would keep such a prop gun around. Also, the anticipated forensic report would cast a doubt on the murder case. 

What intrigued me about this movie is that its main stars are deeply connected to Christianity, with Katrina raised since childhood by her Christian mother and Vijay being married to a Christian. At first, I thought that it would have been appropriate to cast Freida Pinto and John Abraham in the leading roles because they're both Christians, not crypto-Christians. But that was before I learned of Katrina and Vijay's respective backgrounds.

And this movie couldn't have come at a better time than now, what with Modi's nationalism movement imperiling the lives of Indian Christians and converts through widespread persecutions ( Yes, I have my own sources ). But, correct me if I'm wrong. Are the Christian converts radicalized and violent? What happens when you marginalize people in your society and classify them through a Caste System? Of course, many become disenfranchised and find, in the case of Christianity, a better chance at life. They see what the Christian missionaries and volunteers are willing to do for the native people and are then drawn to it. 


https://www.quora.com/Why-most-of-Tamil-Actors-are-converts-to-Islam-and-Christianity


Just an FYI, I don't consider myself a "christian". I'm a Messianic. Messianism is closest to the teachings of Yeshua Ha'Mashiach, Himself!

Did you know that there are over 30,000 so-called christian denominations in the whole Wide 🌎 WORLD 🌍❓😧❗😦❓😮❗😯❓😲❗And only one of them can be the Right One❗😳❗🤯❗


TIDBITS:

In the late afternoon, I spoke on the phone 🤳 with a lawyer about the lawsuit that I intend to file against my union trust fund for Breach of Contract. The lawyer said that I should talk to the union lawyer about the matter. Fat Chance that the union lawyer will side with me ❗👎❗I'll have to go to a Lawyer Referral Service tomorrow and see if I do have a case for the Breach of Contract and for the city park's Gross Negligence regarding the Pitbull attack. I have 2½ more months on the Statute of Limitations.

I had to get 2 gallons worth of gas ⛽ before I got on the freeway. 

The freeway leading to and from the cinema was finally fixed after over 20 years of lame-ass repair work❗I thought that the 2nd lane from the right seemed smooth. Then, I remembered that they closed this section of the freeway last September to work on it. I hope that the problem is permanently fixed now. 🤞

Before the movie began, I reached into my pants pocket to get my little notebook 📒 ready for some note-taking. But, in my rush, I had left it at home!  🤦‍♂️

I was going to see THE BEEKEEPER movie after this. But I would have missed the 1st 20 minutes of the movie. I'll have to catch it some other day. 

*

No comments:

Post a Comment